We stayed for just 1 night on our way to the Highlands as a stopover and we really wanted to see lake Windermere.
The staff were very welcoming and accommodating and fit us in even though we did not book. The hotel was nicely decorated in calm, contemporary colours, our room was nice and we had a really great night’s sleep here. Breakfast was really good, evening meal was ok but nothing to write home about.
The down side to our stay was that we appeared to be the only people of our age group staying at the hotel, We are a couple in or late 30's/early 40's and when we went for dinner and breakfast and while in the lobby/corridor and outside areas we only saw coach loads of pensioners, no other couples or families whatsoever. We would have preferred somewhere which had a better mix of age groups, we felt a bit like the odd ones out staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District