We stayed at the Windermere Hotel as part of a short break.
The hotel is very well postioned, directly opposite the train station, bus station and TIC, there is also a small supermarket there too. It is also very good for access to other places we visited such as Ulswater, Keswick and Kendal.
We were all very impressed with the accommodation which was clean and comfortable. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the meals were excellent with good choices.
We would certainly stay there again and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District