Arrived at this Shearings Hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the modern feel of this hotel which does normally cater for the older person. Staff were extremely helpful and the rooms, televisions, tea making facilities were excellent. After a bad experience with the food in a Shearings Hotel in the Isle of Wight earlier this year we were well pleased when the food was really good and the waiting staff very efficient. Would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Giles was ace on the reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District