We have just returned from our first visit to Holbeck Ghyll and would like to share with others our experience. We do so partly because the Holbeck Ghyll is really so good and partly to offset some of the negative comments that have been posted about the hotel.From the moment that we arrived until our departure this morning we found everything about the hotel both charming and professional. We travel extensively both in this country and abroad and it is rare to find a hotel that successfully combines such attention to detail and real personal warmth like Holbeck Ghyll. The food and restaurant experience was definitely deserving of the Michelin star. This place is the real deal and for those few that seem not to appreciate it that is fine, please keep away and leave it to those with some taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District