Beautififul location excellent accomodation and food which lived up to it's 'Star' billing. The service was good just as one would expect from an establishment of this kind. I was very surprised that the restaurant did not make an attempt of describing the providence of the ingredients in it's menu. Situated in an area renown for its lamb, cheeses and other local produce I found it unusual in todays world. The other thing that also surprised me was the use of 'standard' products rather than locally sourced ones, eg Tiptree jams rather than an local artisan product. I couldn't fault the quality but the lack of imagination in sourcing in such a high end establishment with a catalogue of (justified in my opinion) awards was unusual in my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District