We stayed with our two children for four nights in a two bedroom cottage (Shieling). The service was top notch and the food was really excellent. The sommelier (Stefan) knows his stuff and recommended a great chateau cheval blanc 1995 when we wanted to splash out.
The children had a great time playing croquet and running around the grounds. The nanny service (Jo) was fantastic and our kids loved her. The weather was fantastic which helped to make the stunning views over lake Windermere even more memorable.
We would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District