We stayed here just after Christmas for two nights. The hotel is very comfortable and is 'arts and crafts' in design, so our room which overlooked the Lake was quite small and lacked sufficient wardrobe space. The staff are very competant and friendly although we found the Eastern European waiter very difficult to understand.
The quality of the food was excellent, but some may find the presentation a little OTT. The decor in the dining room is not particularly appealing, and the furniture is well past it's sell by date.
The weather was atrocious, so we did appreciate the comfort of the lounges and in particular the open fires.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District