Having honeymooned in the Lake District 5 years ago we returned for an anniversay break and chose the Rum Doodle for a 2 night stay based on the excellent reviews and the quirky 'quintessentially english' theme.
We couldn't have been more happy with our choice! After a stressful morning with adverse weather conditions affecting our route to Windermere, we were most thankful for the warm reception and home baked cake and tea!!
We stayed in 'The Summit' (room 9) and found this to be spacious, warm and homely and very comfortable as well as being beautifully presented.
We both agreed the breakfasts were as good as any 5* establishment we have stayed in and service during this time was personal and attentative.
We look forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District