I booked a weekend in Rum Doodle for me and my girlfriend as a romantic weekend away for me to propose at Stickle Tarn, which is one of the many beautiful places surrounding Bowness and Windermere. I booked online and was NOT disappointed! The guest house is beautiful and the service was better than 5 star resorts I've stayed in! There was
nothing better after a drive from County Durham to Windermere than being met with the question, "would you like a glass of wine brought to your room?" We stayed in room 6 (the one with the faces) and it was lovely, the decor was tasteful and well maintained, breakfast served in the room was a real treat.
The staff at Rum Doodle were exceptionally friendly and helpful, it made a special weekend perfect!
Jonny and Sarah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District