The Lake District - stunning beauty, breath-taking vistas, quaint and charming locals, and friendly people. This is what we came to see and discover. We selected the Rum Doodle, actually the Braemount House (hope I spelled it correctly) because of the great TripAdvisor reviews...we were not disappointed.
Unfortunately, we never met the owners as they were away on holiday (hope you enjoyed yours as much as we did ours!). Rosie took terrific care of us, however. We did have difficulty with finding the place based on the directions we had from the Internet. Our one suggestion would be to have a better, more definitive set of directions from the various ways into Windermere. It took us about 45 minutes and many trips around the area before we finally stumbled on the place. If the directions were from the perspective of a total stranger to the area, they would probably be more instructive.
We stayed in The Summit room (#9) with views that just didn't end. The skylights (with darkening shades) make you feel like you can reach out and touch the stars. We had a modern, spotless en suite bathroom with lovely local soaps, a sitting room, and bedroom (mattress was a bit hard for me).
The breakfasts were out of this world. The buffet offered cereals, fruit, yogurt, and Rosie brought the coffee, tea and hot breakfasts. Delicious.
Would we stay here again? Yes, if we stayed in Windermere again...there are so many interesting towns in the Lake District...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District