Our first time at Rum Doodle last week and we had a great few days! It was our first time away with our 6 month old daughter and Emma and the staff made us feel very welcome. We stayed in Room 9 (The Summit) which was perfect for us three and the separate lounge, hallway and bedroom was great for all our extra stuff. As mentioned in other reviews, the breakfasts are delicious (the pancakes are recommended). Bowness is an easy 10 minute walk away - The Angel Inn (on the way to the lake) is pretty good for food and a drink.The thing we really liked about Rum Doodle was it differed to most other B&B's we've stayed at in the Lakes, which frankly can be quite chintzy and dated. Emma and Gregor have approached the place with a quirky and eclectic style - which may not be everyone's cup of tea - but the reviews on here indicate that many people are looking for something a bit different to the run of the mill b&bs found all over the area. There's a very welcoming atmosphere here, and as a base to stay for travelling around the area we'll definitely be back in the future (the chocolate and ginger cake we had at check-in is worth a return visit alone!). Recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District