So my partner and I decided we needed a good break from the bustle of the city and decided to go to windermere. When we got to the station, we were shown directions to the B&B and We reached there in not more than 7-8 minutes on foot. This corner house looks more apealing from outside than any of the other B&Bs i saw, with its stained glasswork and lovely little patio at the front. The reception is lovely too. its Its got really beautiful rooms, cosy and wonderful with lots of character. Each room has its own unique identity! My partner loved the breakfast too. Gregor and Emily are really friendly people and the whole trip was well worth it.
We lived in the suite, which has the most amazing view of the nearby hills and now that the sun sets late, it looks absolutely delightful during late evening. Im really excited to book this place for my parents sometime soon. Also, my partner insists he can see a gun embedded into the walls of the house you can see from the suite's living room (room 9), so we might have to go back to settle the dispute for all.
Definitely a better option than any 5* hotels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District