This was our first time in the Lake District, and this B&B is in perfect location. It's right between Windermere and Bowness, meaning that you can walk to either in about 10-15mins. Before our arrival Emma kindly emailed us very clear directions to the B&B (really helpful if you don't have a sat nav) along with a list of good places to eat. When we got there she greeted us with delicious home made brownies and tea.
The room was a good size and nicely decorated, with high quality and super-clean bedding. There's a kettle and a selection of good quality tea. The bathroom was small but enough for the two of us. The dining room was beautiful and elegant, and breakfast delicious! If the weather is bad, you can snuggle up with a DVD from a big selection.
Emma and Greg were both really helpful in giving us directions and tips, and recommending places to visit in the Lake District - we'll definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District