“Filled with Indians, must be good”
Review of Spice Lounge - CLOSED

Spice Lounge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Filled with Indians, must be good”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

And the food was great. Heaps of it, great flavours and the best value meal we had in Windermere. The mango chicken was a highlight.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Hayers111

Castleford, United Kingdom
“I've been spoiled”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Okay, I must confess, I have been spoiled. I'm lucky enough to live close to what I would describe as one of the best Indian's in the country so I'm used to a very good standard of Indian now (well, I am when I can get in, thanks to bloody Trip Advisor)

As a result, I do sometimes feel I might be a little harsh when judging other Indians. First night in Windermere, and just wanted to get out of the rain and get some food down us, so called in to the first place we saw.

They left the door open, which was annoying as the weather wasn't great so there was something of a draft. The menu's were dirty, never eat anywhere with laminated menu's, and the service was very poor standard, it seemed to me like it must have taken more effort to be rude that it would have to be nice.

The food was poor, and not very warm when it got to the table, between putting the rice on the table, and then returning with the curry was around 4 minutes. That might not seem long in the grand scheme of things, but it did leave us sat wondering what was going on.

Needs to improve.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wayne R
“Not great.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was pouring down and we had to pick somewhere fast to get in out if the rain. We had tried the other Indian restaurant a few doors away ( the one up the steps ) but it was packed and we didn't want to wait. Bad move! - now I know why this one was comparatively empty!i had the Tandoori mixed grill - and it had a strange flavour! They really piled on the charges for all the accompaniments such as 1 popadom and chutney was around £5! Very expensive for what it was. Won't be back.

Visited June 2013
“Not a great Indian restaurant !!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have never placed a review on any site before regarding restaurants etc but felt after our visit to the Indian ocean there were issues that had to be raised. There doesn't appear to be a manager or a leader hence the disorganised way in which the restaurant is run. Three waiters basically just bring food in and out of the kitchen and there appears to be no organisation. We were brought the wrong food initially. Very expensive for what you actually get! Had chicken masala, chicken bhuna, 1 rice, 1 chips, 1 beer and 1 small lemonade and some greasy aweful bread as they didn't even have a naan bread machine which they only told us after we made our order. This should have been pointed out to us immediately. £36.00 in total not great for the quality of both food and service. Pointed out to staff that the bread was not very nice greasy etc no offer to replace the bread and we were shocked to see we had been charged despite complaining and not eating any of the bread. Believe it or not we are not fussy at all but you expect basics from a restaurant when your paying nearly 40 quid for 2 drinks and a meal with NO starter. This place did not meet our expectations but we know for next time. Oh and If you have a small child requiring a child/baby seat your out of luck as they do not have any in the restaurant enough said really..

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bluearmys
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We dined here Easter bank holiday and even though the restaurant was full the staff were more than helpful to get me and my wife a seat in the waiting area before a table was cleared. We were offered drinks while waiting and after putting our order through the food arrived on time as expected without major delays. The food was amazing and had lots of flavour and for the quality and timing of the food it is by far the best Indian we have been to

• Visited April 2013