“Okay, but not excellent”
Review of prince of india

prince of india
Ranked #38 of 76 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Okay, but not excellent”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food at the Prince of India was okay. On the plus side, the naan was lovely and so were the chutneys. However, I was disappointed with the amount of chicken I got in my meal, especially considering I chose one of the more expensive options (+£9.50) and my husband found his chicken tikka 'rubbery'. Also, the meal was supposed to be quite hot (in heat) andI didn't find it to be the case - but maybe that's just my personal taste as I love chilli! The service was fine, and the meal arrive quickly. But place was dated and didn't look particularly well looked after. I wouldn't make a special trip to go or particularly recommend it but if you're there it'll fill a hole!

• Visited December 2012

Poynton,Cheshire
“Small Indian Big recommendation”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Actually planned to have Italian but the place was closed for refurb.
Found the prince, a small restaurant off the high street upstairs above the shops. It does not look the best but let me tell you the food and service is superb.It has approx sixty covers and when we arrived early last Friday there was 5 people in eating. When we left about 1 hour 45 mins later it was half full. The locals obviously know a good curry. Definately recommend and when there again I will call in. JAH Poynton

Visited November 2012
“Stay away at all costs.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Me and my girlfriend went to this restaurant hopeing for a nice tasty curry. The waiter was very friendly when we order are drinks what was two cokes what we got was two glasses off black sugary flat coke just horrible.when we got are currys there were very average more of a takeaway curry not a freshly made curry that we were hopeing for and we had this creepy waiter just walking around glaying at us as we were eating are meal scary stuff and the next morning me and my girlfriend had very bad stomach stay away at all costs.

Dan Manchester

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our family of 4 visited it for a quick meal as we were not too hungry. So instead of going for a 3-course meal, we requested for main dishes and drinks. The waiter took the order and in few minutes the manager turned up saying that unless we order 3 courses we can leave. When we placed the order, the restaurant was mostly empty and besides our order was over £50.

This was the most shocking experience of my life in a restaurant anywhere in the world. Visit at your own risk!

We left and went to The Golden Mountain Chinese Restaurant instead. NIce warm place, better and cleaner environment, good service and lovely food.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank maroon_tiger
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Watch your step leaving!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a funny little place up a fire escape and with a sliding door to get in. It's a small room so we we ended up sitting on the same table as another couple (with a seat in between us) but it didn't matter as the food turned out to be quite good. Waiters were attentive and cheerful and the food came out quickly. There was a vast amount to choose from on the menu with some interesting variations.

It was raining when we left and I can imagine that the metal staircase might catch people out after a few bottles of Cobra!

• Visited November 2012