“Decent Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Decent Italian food. Nothing fancy on the menu, mostly pasta and pizza. Very good service indeed! Gluten free pasta available on request. Tables are barrels with tops on them, seating is high stools. Quirky, but totally impractical. Nothing wrong with proper tables.....

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We came here three nights in a row, as we loved the cocktails, the staff and the atmosphere! The cocktails are great, the staff were really friendly and talkative and we definitely loved being here. We had olives and padron peppers which were amazing. This place is called Cantina now, and it was booked for dinner every night we were there!

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Awesome food and desert, they do cocktails as well, really good service as well. Best italian we had in Windermere.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend live locally and came here a couple of weeks ago. It's so very cosy inside and the staff are wonderful. The owners are very hands on and come and have a chat with you. We both ordered off the specials and I had chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce on top with was very nice but my boyfriend had a fillet steak with a blue cheese sauce. Omg! Please if this is on the menu you need to choose! I kept pinching bits of his steak it was that delicious. Never have I had a steak cooked so well! We also had the chocolate cake for dessert which we shared, it actually makes my mouth water thinking about it now! Thank you Cantina for your great hospitality and amazing food we will be back next month!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Rang on the off chance of getting a table on Sat night and they managed to squeeze us in and I'm glad they could.

Lovely place, great staff and atmosphere.

Relatively small menu starters and mains (5/6 pasta's and 7/8 pizza's plus specials) but all very different but something for all. I liked the fact that there wasn't too much choice like certain places.

Ordered the cannelloni and calzone - both really tasty and great value.

Brewdog punk on draught is good too, plus a couple of glasses red wine.

Really enjoyable night and lovely food.