“Nice stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windermere
White Cross Bay Holiday Park
preston
“Nice stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Our first stay here. Booked a cheap last minute break to watch the fireworks with the kids which were fantastic. Location is great, accomodation in a caravan was good, slight damp in a couple of the bedrooms but everything you need. Will deffinately go again.

• Stayed November 2013
SouthLakelandParks, General Manager at White Cross Bay Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the Park. It's important for us to impress the first time visitors that come to our park. The fireworks evening was a great night with a good turn out. I have noted the comment about the caravan and will follow this up with my maintenance team. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Bolsover, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked Whitecross Bay as I have visited previously with family members, and enjoyed myself then. I booked my visit online which was very easy, I simply viewed the establishment online, selected what type of accommodation I required and followed this by payment. I selected a caravan over a lodge as it was cheaper as I planned to visit for myself. The caravan I selected was a platinum, however I shall discuss this later.
After a day or two I decided that I wanted to take a friend with me; this would also result in a change of dates. I telephoned the establishment and discussed the situation, the staff member that I spoke to informed me that this was not an issue and I simply needed to pay an additional £13 which was excellent as I expected it to be more.
When I arrived on site on 04, November 2013 I spoken to a friendly staff member with the surname of 'Breeze', this is an uncommon name so I was surprised then and so was the staff member. I received my welcome pack (which I read further into my stay was informative) and my accommodation key with barrier key. I was asked to leave a £20 deposit for the accommodation key and barrier key, but unfortunately I didn't have any cash on my person nor did my friend. The helpful staff member assured me that this was okay and told me to give them the deposit when I had some cash on me. My friend and I stayed in Deer 66 which as I mentioned earlier is a platinum caravan. We unlocked the caravan and walked into the kitchen and living room area, after this we looked at both bedrooms and the washroom; one of the bedrooms had a en-suit which was a fair size. The caravan was very clean and was equipped with almost everything that you may have required for an amazing stay, there was:

- Fresh bedding
- Fresh bathroom towels
- Fresh tea towel
- Cooking utensils (cutlery, dishes, plates, etc...)
- Complementary washing-up liquid, sponge and dishcloth
- Iron and ironing board
- Hoover
- Sweeping brush
- Dustpan and brush
- Bin bags

The only things that a visitor needs to pack is clothing, personal care equipment and food. If there is anything else that you require, such as new towels or bedding the staff members will be able to assist you. The site has a wash facility for clothing which is chargeable.
The complex is constructed of a take-away, bar, shop, information area, computers, free WI-FI, heated indoor swimming pool and a gym. To use the swimming pool or gym, don't forget to take your pass which is in your welcome pack.
My friend and I was helped by staff members with any queries that we had such as the location of attractions etc...

Overall I had a fantastic stay and would recommend this site to others.

Room Tip: Our platinum caravan was perfect. The previous visit I was in a lodge which was exemplary.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joshua B
Thanks for taking the time to compile such a thorough review of the our park. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope that you return soon. Thanks again.
Cheshire
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Excellent first stay at White Cross Bay. Was concerned re previous comments on reception staff but there were excellent very friendly and helpful same with the bar stuff. We stayed in a superior caravan and it was lovely so clean and everything we needed. This was our first stay and won't be our last I have absolutely nothing negative to say. It does say in the paperwork terms and conditions about £20 deposit so that was no surprise.

Room Tip: We had a superior caravan for 2 which was lovely a twin bedroom which I guess would be for children...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Park following your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also good to hear that you found the staff here to be pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 3 & 4. We stayed in number 33 Grassmere. The park itself was easy to find and very close to Bowness town. We drove to Bowness although if our kids were older we could have walked but they get a bit tired with their small legs. The park's facilities included of a pool which we used everyday. We also went to the on site pub the local lager was nice, the takeaway on site we used once. I got a chilli which wasn't to bad (good value). We got to the lodge and it was spotless. I had brought essentials with me like loo roll, tea towels, bottle openers etc...but we found we didn't need them as the lodge was fully equipped. The rooms were very modern, and loads of storage. The main bedroom had an en-suite. The lodge was in a nice quiet location and an easy 2 min walk to the pool etc. We are going back in April. We hope to make use of the lovely outside decking in the spring months if the weather permits. I would recommend walking to Brockhole park from the site, there is something to do for all ages and only a ten minute walk. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Park following your recent visit to Whitecross Bay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a great place to stay when you have young children. We look forward to welcoming you back in April
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find. Very central with Windermere town center being closest. Main reception clean and tidy, with friendly and helpful staff. Reception also houses the Bar, Takeaway, Restaurant, 'Games room', Pool, Gym and shop. Easy checkin, but I was not aware of the £20 refundable cash only deposit for the keys. Hi ho.

Our lodge was a stones throw away. Very clean, warm and well kitted out. We could also park right outside. The rest of the site was clean and tidy as well, lovely to walk round. You have also got a small wood and jetties for mooring boats, multi sports 'cage', play areas... all very pretty.

The takeaway food and bar food were all tested and good. The pool was tested too, a little cold for me, as was the steam room. The games room and 'cage' kept a couple of teenagers quiet for short periods of time, but there were complaints from them about the reliability of the wifi, and no phone reception :)

All in all. Very good and I would definitely go back if I am looking for a quiet break in the lakes.

1 Thank ThinTiger
Thank you for taking the time to review our Park following your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also good to hear that you found the staff to be pleasant. Whilst the wifi does work we are always looking at ways in which to improve our customer services. The phone signal is something that is out of our control but we have found the best signal to be Vodafone to anyone visiting the Park. Hope to see you again soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a three night break at whitecross. This the second time this year we have stayed. The accommodation is very clean, we'll equipped and site is great. Great value and considering you are right on the lakeside and also with a pool and gym, everything is pretty much covered. If you had to improve anything, it would be the bar area, but with lots of pubs and restaurants locally, there are options.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. It's a good sign for us when people return to Whitecross Bay time and time again. I have noted your comment about the bar area. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a break here with family
Despite the rain we had a fab time
Caravan was lovely clean and spacious in a beautiful setting in deer park
Pool was good fun especially when it was raining, our 8 yr old loved it only moan is, it could have been a little warmer
Food in the boathouse bar was delicious and the staff were great and polite
Reception staff were very welcoming and polite
We have stayed here before a couple of times and never been disappointed
Will be returning next year

Stayed October 2013
SouthLakelandParks, General Manager at White Cross Bay Holiday Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your constructive comments following your recent stay at Whitecross Bay. It is only by hearing from our guests that we are able to take comments on board and act accordingly to improve any issues that are brought to our attention. With regards to the pool, the temperature is taken 4 times per day and maintained at 29 degrees. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to White Cross Bay in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
#11 of 20 in Windermere
Embleton Spa Hotel
Embleton Spa Hotel
#1 of 1 in Embleton

Been to White Cross Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!