“Fantastic and friendly hosts!”
Review of Park Beck

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windermere
Park Beck
Ranked #75 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I was looking for a weekend away for the Bank Holiday weekend with my partner, we originally chose Park Beck as it was reasonably priced, in a great location and looked traditional and quaint.

On arrival into Windermere I called Anita to see if it were possible to check in early, she was friendly and accommodating and allowed us to check in three hours early. We were greeted at the door, shown to our room and given our key to come and go as we pleased.

The room was basic but more than comfortable, tv, tea making facilities and an en suite. The breakfast was fine, after requesting mushrooms on the first day they were more than happy to provide them on the second morning. You were made to feel so at home and welcome!

I would like to respond to the person who left a review stating "Worse landlady ever"....Anita was polite, chatty, helpful and more than welcoming to me and my partner, it's one thing to leave a review of a negative experience but what you have done is made an unnecessary and personal attack on a woman, who, as much as I know, has been lovely and affable.

All in all I would recommend Park Beck to anyone looking to get away for the weekend, I will most definitely stay there again on my next visit to the Lakes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Apcook_11

Reviewed August 30, 2011

A great B&B, nice clean rooms, very friendly welcome, nothing too much trouble, ample parking, very close to Windermere centre and Bowness, would recommend to everyone, thanks for a great time :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at the park beck on a Tuesday night. We phoned up on the morning if arrival as we only decided to visit the lakes that morning. Park beck was the only place in Windermere with vacancies and accepting young children. We had a family room on the first floor.

On arrival the owner was welcoming and showed us to our to our to our room which was nice and clean. The breakfast was great a well cooked English breakfast that set us up for a good day.

We would have stayed an extra night but the wet weather put us off unfortunately.

We will return to this guest house as the service we got was great. The location is good too 5 mins to Windermere town and 25 mins to bowness on foot.

Many thanks

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 17, 2011

myself and my husband and my two boys stayed at the b and b in august 2011 and we found the couple who run the b and b lovely and friendly. Parking was on the b and b which was fine. When we arrived our bags were taken up and with two children you take everything so we werent exactly light with our luggage we were shown to our room which was immaculate roomy with a double bed and two single beds for the boys which was perfect tea and coffee facilities the bathroom was well stocked with towels it was lovely and clean storage space to put our clothes away Breakfasts was lovely with a choice with a polite service and a smile what more could you ask for? there was a problem with a lightbulb in the bathroom whilst we were having breakfast they sorted it out for us!. My two boys loved staying there and Iam sure they bored them to death with their conversation but they never let it show! my youngest son left his soft toy and only realised when we got home the landlady offered to post it back for us so we will defintely be staying there again if you are looking for comfort privacy as we were given our key and a friendly service and hygienic rooms you cant go wrong I would recommend you go to park beck house.B.Sangha

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The landlady is short tempered, curt and rude, even to the politest of enquiries. This place should be avoided unless you want to totally spoil your stay ...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
19  Thank Smithy_10
ParkBeck, Owner at Park Beck, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

I am deeply sorry that the service you received here at Park Beck was not found by yourself to be of the high standard we deliver every day, and have delivered for over 25 years. I would like to appologise if indeed you found your stay to be below our usual high standards.

However, at Park Beck we have many regular customers who come back year after year and whom are completely satisfied with the accommodation, breakfast and service we provide. We have a guestbook that has entries in since opening and includes comments from people from all over the world, as single travellers, couples, families and groups, who all find their stay here comfortable, affordable and of good quality.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

A great welcome, easy parking even for my people carrier, rooms very clean and fresh, freeview tv in each of our rooms, both en suite, nice clean towels, breakfast was excellent with a good choice, overall a great B&B, friendly,clean and helpful, would stay again and recommend, thank you Greg - Wigan

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank vwltman
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Well I was honestly quite shocked to read the above review after staying at Park Beck Guesthouse, because from personal experience I had a lovely stay in the Lakes with them. Me and my partner were looking for an affordable B&B to stay in for 4 nights for a long weekend, and wanted a well positioned guesthouse to keep costs down. We found Park Beck through the Go Lakes website and booked online, with confirmation on the phone.
On arrival, we met the husband and wife team whom run it, and the man took all my luggage upstairs for me (even though I am not known for travelling lightly!) We were shown into our room which was a lovely spacious family room facing the front of the building .. as it was empty, they upgraded us at no extra cost!
The facilities were adequate; tea and coffee making facilities - but as with all hotels and the like .. the milk was UHT, so they provided us with fresh milk when we asked for it.
I have honestly never had a better nights sleep! I work in the city and silence is scare .. but here .. in abundance!! It is situated on a quiet street, a 5 minute walk away from central Windermere and about 10-15 minutes from Lake Windermere.
The breakfast the next morning was served to us by cheerful staff - and we had the options of cereals, juice, a full English breakfast, toast and tea or coffee - traditional and very well cooked =)

Lastly, I should say that I tend to opt for B&B's when staying on mini-breaks to keep costs down, and find that some feel like you are intruding in someone else's home, however there, It had a separacy about it which made me feel all the more relaxed as I could arrive and go as I pleased with my own key and felt secure in my room.

All in all, for the money I honestly couldn't have asked for more! If you want lake views and a mini bar then you really should opt for a hotel, but this is one of the best B&Bs that I have stayed in, and as I stay in a lot, I make a point of thoroughly reviewing them - as I know I check reviews before I stay anywhere.

Would highly recommend!