“A Nice and Cozy place,.. we loved it and surely recommend it!!!”

Lynwood Guest House
Ranked #80 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A Nice and Cozy place,.. we loved it and surely recommend it!!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We visited Windermere for Christmas and stayed at Lynwood for 3 nights.
The rates were quite moderate and surely a value for money.
the rooms were kept reasonably clean and the host was very nice, helpful and Polite..

We were given all we needed and the rooms were quite adequate.
The house in general is full of Painitings and soft toys but then again,.. the girls like it,..

As for the lounge, it's a nice place that seats 4-5 and we spent some good time there in the wet nights...

The breakfast served was good and adequate,.. it's wasn't some Premier inn styled 'East all you can' which is appreciated,.. so that worked very well..

Overall,.. the place is excellent and we would go again..!

Room Tip: In general all rooms are good,.. We had the ones on the 1st floor facing the street which we liked!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foodtravellovers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed at Lynwood with a few friends. Each bedroom accomodated 3 people and the B&B rate was charged per person. It was a last minute booking so we had little choice.

B&B is located close to the Windere train station and township. 5-10 minutes walk. Every single house on that street is B&B.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bathroom was tiny but clean.
There are quite a lot of rules in the B&B. You can't move the soft toys, you can't bring takeaways etc. The hostess told us the rules upon check in. Printed rules are framed in bedrooms as reminders. Heater was centrally controlled. With the rain, it was cold sometimes but we couldn't turn on the heater!

Breakfast is served at 8am. We find it a bit early during holidays but they don't give you a choice. English breakfast was okay, usual fry ups, cereal, toast etc.

Fran was very friendly. However, we felt a bit uneasy and watched. For that reason, I don't think I'd return to this B&B.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank krnworld
Bavaria, Germany
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I booked this guest house in Feb-2011 at 27 Euros a night, Two people 6 Nights, that is in all 336 Euros. for the 6 nights, I sent a mail about 3 weeks before we left, if every thing was okay, our dates where the 2nd july to 8th july , on the sunday morning after our first night ,she came running after me to inform me she she does not do not do a night with B-B for 27 Euro, Funny why after four months, she had all that time, her excuse was she could not remember, i also had the mails in my computer, okay i got ripped off what can you do. this goes even further on wednesday the 6th of july we came back, after a long day out, we went to a local chip and fish shop, when we came back it was pouring down with rain, and i mean pouring down, we where going to eat our meal in the breakfest lounge, she came running out shouting not in my house, it stinks and throuth us out in the pouring rain , okay our money was good enouth, what i find funny the english breakfest stinks after all that fry up, i,am just telling the truth, i would not shove any out side in the rain. NEVER AGAIN:

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank john110955
Middlesbrough
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I viewed two of their double rooms both were very nice but one had a much more spacious bathroom which is the one we went for right at the top of the house which felt very private. The room was very quaint with lots of florals and frills but my boyfriend didn't seem to mind! The bedding was lovely quality with a lovely throw and a very soft bed. Clean with everything you needed! My only slight negative was that it was a bit cold when we were in our room before we went out for tea and again when we got up for breakfast.

The decoration in the lounge and dining room wasn't as cute as the rooms. Breakfast was fine with everything you need like cereals, toast and a full english but I wouldn't say it was a highlight as it looked a bit anemic!

Lovely host and I would recommend this b & b if frills, flowers and family pictures are your cup of tea like me you will love it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smileandlaugh
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Stayed here a couple of night with my father and a friend, and recieved a superb service. The owners could not have been more helpfull, looking after my fathers bike, and making sure we had everyhting we need. when all the othes b & b,s in keswick let me down when i tried to book, Lynwoods made the effort to get us in, made our stay in keswick that little bit easier

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank boogi11
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Only stayed for a night but everything about it was perfect. The ensuite room and bathroom were superbly clean. All rooms that I saw were beautifully decorated, also took countless photos of the outside of the house. Frances, the hostess, was friendly and helpful.
If I come back to Windermere, I'll stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank silverblaze713
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The owners were very friendly, helpful and accommodating, advising us about sightseeing. The room was clean, and the location was good. Breakfast was very filling and nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family