“Appearances can be deceptive - Fantastic Chinese.”

The Golden Mountain Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 80 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 12, 2014

It doesn't look like much from the outside and don't expect too much from the inside either but appearances can be deceptive. It looks like a traditional Chinese restaurant of yesteryear but is very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's not very big, when we were in we managed to get the last table - a good sign as most of the other restaurants in Windermere were empty or closed. What I can say is that the meal was one of the best Chinese meals I've had anywhere and exceptionally good value for money. I must make special mention of the 'sizzling fillet steak with green pepper and black bean sauce' - a huge piece of fillet steak cooked beautifully and wonderfully flavoured with black bean sauce. Superb! If you like Chinese food you won't be disappointed. I for one will definitely be back.

2  Thank mc_spanner

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Superbly cooked Chinese food at very reasonable prices. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
This restaurant was very busy with a local clientele showing how popular this establishment is. Don't be put off by the unpretentious premises . . . just enjoy the food. Located in a convenient position in Windermere. Would definitely return when in the area.

2  Thank arthurpolly
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

This is the best Chinese in Windermere and Bowness by some distance. Good service, great food and overall a pretty good atmosphere.

2  Thank Mereboy
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My partner an I often come to the lakes and have tried lots of different restaurants however we visit this one every time.
It is always busy with take away orders and just a few tables if you need to sit in.
The food is absolutely beautiful definitely the best Chinese in the lakes. (Believe me we have tried them all)
The Service is fantastic so natural friendly and genuine.
The lucky lettuce is by far the the best appetiser and if you like ribs then try Salt n Pepper !!!
The set menu is very good value for money and the main dishes very very tasty.
Wish we had this place back home
Can't wait to come back !

3  Thank Paula3040
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After reading several reviews on trip advisor i thought we would give it ago , we have been to bowness / Windermere several times and have tried several of the so called top restaurants and most of the time been disappointed , we visited on valentines night hadn't reserved a table , but what lovely staff after a short wait a table became available , the service is top class the food is as good as you get I can see why people give it good reviews , really top class food and very reasonable , I will definitely Go again next time I'm in Windermere

1  Thank happy63Liverpool