Ways to Experience English Lake District Tours
from $66.95
from $82.40
from $140.34
More Info
All reviews half day tour william wordsworth beatrix potter wonderful morning amazing tour highly recommend this tour lake district small group goat illustrations gill interests bronte talks knowledge heritage poet
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been a Brontes fan since 1982, when I first read 'Jane Eyre', when I was 12. Wanted to visit the parsonage, not long after. I turned 50 recently, and thought it was time I did a Brontes pilgrimage. I absolutely loved it. It was a full day tour with kind, interesting and friendly people. Gillian had done her homework and reminded me of a lot of the information from when I used to read a lot on the Brontes' lives.
Afterwards, I walked to the Moors, to eat my dinner, then to the Brontes' Falls. Finally, I walked up to the Top Withens house, said to have inspired Emily for 'Wuthering Heights'.
My flight to the UK, from Australia, was worth all the effort. Getting up to Windermere was a hassle but it's so lovely around there.
Stayed a night in Haworth, to spend a night where my beloved Charlotte lived.

Date of experience: August 2019
englishlakestours, Manager at English Lake District Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

The Bronte tour is such an experience. We are very proud of this tour. It is great that you got to experience such a lot of the area Fiona and finally stayed in Haworth!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the Beatrix Potter we were the only two who signed up for today. This was like having our personal tour because we could add small changes to the regular tour route.
Tim was a great driver/guide. His knowledge of the history of the area made the tour come alive.
I was talked into the tour by my wife but I am grateful..it was a great experience.

Date of experience: September 2019

It is great that we often have husbands who come on this tour because their wife wants to do it and then go on to realise that the life of Beatrix Potter is a very interesting one as we unfold the story to you. Glad you enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful morning enjoying the fabulous countryside. As the mist lifted it revealed stunning views and changing landscape of the fells. Gillian our guide was so descriptive and knowledgeable in her narrative. Richard was great driving us around and adding extra info. This was a perfect tour to experience the country side to understand why Beatrix settled here.

Date of experience: September 2019

We are very pleased that you got a good understanding of part of the life of Beatrix and why she loved it here in the Lakes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This tour has been a highlight in our holiday. Our tour guide Tim took us to many scenic lookouts which we would never have found on our own and was very knowledgeable about the areas. Also it meant we could both enjoy the scenery without having to concentrate on navigating some of the narrow winding roads in this area.We would strongly this tour to anyone visiting the lakes district.

englishlakestours, Manager at English Lake District Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for such a lovely review. We try very hard to locate the best spots to stop and view the Lake District as we know your time is often limited and there is so much to see!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a good value for the price. We felt that the driver could have slowed more at scenic places for a photo and perhaps gave more of a commentary of the area as we were driving by

Date of experience: September 2019

We are glad you seem to have enjoyed the tour. We are a little suprised that you felt more stops and commentary were needed since with a small group of 7 or less on our buses all you had to do is ask the guide to slow down or stop if you wished to take more photos and they certainly would have. We stop at lots of places for photo opportunities and our commentary is usually extensive covering flora, fauna, geology, history, culture etc etc. The guides welcome questions and discussion when they are travelling.