This was our first visit to the Windermere suites but will definitely not be our last. We booked last minute but nothing was too much trouble and all the staff did everything possible to ensure our stay was first class, memorable and so enjoyable. We were met at the door and our bags/coats immediately taken to our room whilst we checked in. We were shown around our amazing suite, the Ambleside, and left to enjoy or chilled champaign whilst we perused the helpful local restaurant recommendations. Staff were very knowledgable about the area and booked taxis for us, calling our room when they arrived. There was a great Breakfast choice and everything tasted fabulous, delivered to our room at the exact time requested with no disturbance. Finally the fluffy white robes, TV, mood lighting, underfloor heating and fabulous double jacuzzi bath in the bathroom completed an amazing stay. Everyone must visit here for a little Lake District luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 super luxury suites aimed toward romantics & honeymooners wanting somewhere very special, each suite contains its own dining area and lounge, walk in dressing room, out of this world bathrooms with airbaths with tv's above & superking hand made beds. The Windermere Suites were the winner of the AA's 'Funkiest B&B' award for 2010 and are also finalists in the 2012 Conde Nast Johansen's Awards for Excellence, and Winners of Cumbria Tourisms 'Best Guest Accommodation' These butler-serviced suites offer designer luxury set in the natural beauty of the Lake District. The 8 super luxury suites are aimed toward romantics & honeymooners wanting somewhere very special, each suite contains its own dining area and lounge, walk in dressing room, out of this world bathrooms with airbaths with tv's above & superking hand made beds. With a 5-star Guest Accommodation rating from the AA, suites come with luxury bathrooms and modern furniture from designers such as Philippe Starck. Each suite features a handmade, silver-leaf Frank Hudson super-king bed. All suites have 42-inch LCD TVs, crystal lights and free Wi-Fi. A hearty Cumbria platter or continental breakfast, with freshly ground coffee, is delivered to your suite every morning. Breakfast is served at a time to suit you. A room service menu is also available. Windermere Suites are just a 2-minute walk from the town centre and Windermere Train Station. Lake Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere, home to the 'World Of Beatrix Potter' are also within easy walking distance. Guests receive free spa and health club membership at the Old England Hotel, which is just a 15-minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Windermere Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- Windermere Suites Lake District