Stayed for just one night when visiting the area, although my husband had stayed some years previously. We had a lovely room on the top floor well decorated and furnished, although the bathroom was more dated. The bed was comfortable and room lovely and warm during the cold snap, in fact we had to turn the heating down a little but this had all been explained and was easy to do.
We were made to feel very welcome with tips on parking, directions to local restaurant etc. The breakfast was excellent and piping hot which is a pleasant change from many hotels!
We would certainly stay again when we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Green Gables we have a very simple philosophy - clean, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. We do not provide all the latest gizmos and gadgetry. Nor do we provide "boutique" style toiletries or membership to gyms or spas. If you really want these then please ask at the time of booking and we will adjust the price accordingly. We do not have a long list of rules and regulations and you will find us more like a "home from home" than a stuffy and strict place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms and Agoda so you can book your Green Gables Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Gables Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Green Gables Guest House Windermere, Lake District