“Weekend break”

Ranked #27 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I booked this weekend break for my parents as a present. They had a fantastic time at the Broadlands. The accommodation was spotless and the owners were friendly and made my parents feel at home. They bothed loved the breakfast and could not fault the guesthouse one bit. Broadlands is also ideally located for the centre of Windermere or a short walk to Bowness on Windermere.
My paretns are planning to re -visit in summer.
Thankyou

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The only negative I could provide is that the pillows were not comfy. Everything else is absolutely amazing!!

We chose the Broadlands as our b&b honeymoon base because of the reviews and were not disappointed!

When we arrived we were greeted with a friendly atmosphere from Janette and a room with chocolates, champagne and balloons!

From there on out we had nothing but great advice on trips and walks, tasty, locally produced breakfasts, and a clean respectable room.

We will definately be coming back here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Foxyvixy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We do not normally bother writing reviews but we were so impressed with this guest house we felt we had to. We spent 3 nights there and were made to feel so welcome by Brian and Janette from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Nothing was too much trouble and their advice on the walks in the local area was really helpful to us. The house was spotless and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. We will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah N
London
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and would definitely go back. Our hosts were lovely and very chatty and gave us lots of information and guidence about the area such as activities and restaurants. The bed was comfortable and we had everything we needed in our room, including little extra touches i.e. a small box of choclates. The breakfast was lovely, I ecspecially liked the fruit and yogurt! This B&B was located just a 10min walk from windermere station and it was near an abudance of shops and restaurants. It is about a 20min walk from the main piers on Windermere lake and the ferry crossing, the whole area is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank McCaspa
Merseyside
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We usually choose self-catering when on holiday but as a short break we decided being waited on for breakfast would make a welcome change.
Our room was spotlessly clean and overlooked the park at the front. The bed was comfortable and while the bathroom was compact it had a decent shower, a small sink and a toilet, nothing missing and a few nice touches like cotton buds and nice toiletries. The hosts were chatty, pleasant and helpful.

Locationwise it's great for exploring on foot, by bus or by train (we don't drive) and all the amenities are right nearby, including shops, pubs, restaurants, bus stops, train station etc....

Breakfast was worth it alone. A great mixed fruit salad and yoghurt, or cereals to begin and a good hot, well cooked breakfast with good local produce including really delicious sausages!!!

I'll definitely recommend Broadlands and I'd definitely go back. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bewildergirl
West Sussex, England
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I don't usually do reviews but had to leave a review of Broadlands this time. I recently returned from my fourth stay at Broadlands in as many years, which in itself tells you how much I like this guest house. From the moment I arrived on my first visit I was made to feel really welcome and Broadlands has now become a real 'home from home'. There is a lovely atmosphere at Broadlands and this is totally down to Janette and Brian. Thery are both so kind and always cheerful, and will do anything to ensure their guests have a good stay. The breakfast is superb and plentiful, and beautifully presented. The bed is of a high quality, which ensures a good night's sleep, and I can honestly say the bedlinen and bath towels are the nicest I've found anywhere. (and how nice to have a bath sheet, rather than a bath towel, which falls off everytime you try and wrap it round you!) Everything is spotlessly clean and the guest house is also in an excellent location. I struck really lucky when I found Broadlands and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Windermere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
nederland
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I was actually in the Broadlands Guesthouse in august 2009, but I did not know this internet site back then. I absolutely adored this guest house! It is small, convenient and the couple that manages it is very friendly and gives a lot of information about Windermere and the lake district whenever you like that. The breakfast was lovely and you can take a lot of tours for which you can have a pick up at the hotel. The managing couple is enthousiastic and I loved being their for about 7 days, it was like being at home. I am definitely going back there next year, the lake district really got me!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo