Stayed here for two nights. Room very clean. James who met us was fabulous, very helpful and knew his stuff. We didn't need to go anywhere else for food as it was locally sourced excellent and cooked by James's brother. The wine menu suited us as well. Overall the stay was faultless. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District