“Ideal base for lakes”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Cowshed

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Skyeheidi...
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Ideal base for lakes”
Reviewed August 26, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We stayed for five nights in this lovely little cottage, it was very convenient for our sorties into the Lake District. Plenty of walks locally for our spaniel and close enough to walk into Penrith. We enjoyed our stay and hope to return in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very convenient for everywhere we wanted to visit
Liked least: Our stay was to short
Friends getaway People with pets
Aug 29, 2015
I am so pleased you enjoyed the Cowshed I hope you will come back one day.
Elizabeth
LouiseBar...
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Very homely.”
Reviewed April 13, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My partner and I have recently returned from our stay at the Cowshed and had a marvellous time! The property is very homely and we felt very comfortable and cosy. It is clean and well presented throughout and has a lot of quirky details. I would highly recommend this property for a visit to the Lake District.

Your age range 35-49
Apr 15, 2015
Thank you for your positive review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the cottage and that you had beautiful spring weather that week
Elizabeth
Anniefrom...
Perth, Australia
“Home from home”
Reviewed March 21, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My teenage daughter and I were visiting from Australia and stayed here from the end of November 2014 until end of January 2015 apart from one week over New Year. The property was very clean, warm and cosy with everything you could need or want provided.

There were some issues with the boiler however these were rectified with speed and little disruption to our holiday. The owners were very friendly and attentive when needed and always very prepared to help when needed.

My only niggle I found the mattress very hard and uncomfortable but a small price to pay to stay in such a convenient, cosy home away from home.....

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Coziness, location and cleanliness
Liked least: Mattress
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers
Mar 27, 2015
Thank you for your review and sorry about the boiler but we now have a new one,as for the mattress you can't please everyone but if you had told me I could have provided a topper which could have helped thanks again.
Dottyabou...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful property”
Reviewed March 1, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

...Stayed here for three nights and had an absolute wonderful time. Cottage was spotlessly clean and full of character, a real credit to the owners. Penrith town centre is a few minutes walk away with a good array of shops and places to eat and drink. Excellent base for touring about and so nice and cosy to come back to at the end of the day.....can recommend this property without any hesitation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautifully furnished and excellent location
Liked least: Coming home !!!!!
Older travelers People with pets
Mar 27, 2015
Thank you for your kind remarks I hope you will come back one day.
Paul K
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed February 22, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Stayed four nights and from booking which was easy to arriving all was as expected, excellent. We were well looked after. Rooms warm, cozy and spacious. Well placed for walking into Penrith and travelling out to Ullswater or Derwentwater etc. Highly recommended for couples.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: quality, decor and location to town
Liked least: occasional trafficnoise during the day but nothing to wake you
Friends getaway Older travelers
Mar 27, 2015
Thank you for your kind remarks I am pleased you enjoyed your stay
Caroline...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A little gem of a hide-away”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

My review is very long overdue but I have been keeping an eye out for The Cowshed and hoping that it would appear on Trip Advisor one day.

My boyfriend and I stayed at here in November last year and we had a wonderful time. Being honest, there isn't loads to do in Penrith itself but we found it to be a great base to explore the Lake District as neither of us knows it particularly well.

The cottage is very cosy and was perfect for two of us. I can also so that the bed was the most comfortable that either of us had slept in and as a direct result of that trip we both went out and invested in quilts and pillows of the same high quality so we could enjoy a little 'Cowshed' luxury at home :)

The own is a very nice lady and call me a few weeks before our stay to express a little concern that there was a tenant vacating on the day of our arrival and so there might not have been the time to turn it around and get it ship-shape before we got there. If that was the case then I can't imagine what 'usual standards' would be like as the cleanliness couldn't be faulted. I also seem to recall that there was even a pint of milk in the fridge which was a welcome addition for my boyfriend who struggles to go for an hour without a cup of tea.

The only super small thing we would have liked was a bigger softer sofa but that's only because we like to lounge around while watching TV in the evening.

In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Cowshed to anyone.

(Sorry again to Mrs Horn for taking so long to review.)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Detached nature of the property made it feel very private
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers
Jul 4, 2014
Thank you very much I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and would love to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing