Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest
Review Highlights
A full recharge

I have been to Aqua Sana every time I go to a Center Parcs, and on this visit, I have done my first... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kelly H
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
via mobile
Katie is a superstar

When we arrived at the aqua sana for a couple spa day we were met with Katie behind the reception... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Andy B
via mobile

All reviews water beds outdoor pool spa experience zen garden center parcs experience rooms twilight spa cranberry juice changing rooms japanese salt steam rooms and saunas deep tissue massage free champagne spa afternoon afternoon tea glass of prosecco lovely spa
Reviewed November 16, 2014

Visited on 5 October. Four of us paid £109 each for a spa day with treatments. We have visited before 18 months before and loved it. Not this time. We pre booked our treatments weeks in advance to ensure we got the time we wanted. On arrival we were told our treatments were an hour later than we had booked. I pointed this out to be told I was wrong. I pointed out to the receptionist my email confirmation to be told it had changed. No apology or explanation given.

The spa itself is nice with good facilities. However, if you're looking for peace and relaxation this may not be the place for you. I was so looking forward to a snooze on one of the heated waterbeds in the "quiet" area after lunch. I make specific reference to "quiet area" as this is what the signs on the wall say..... I got comfy on my bed. 8 young ladies decided to use 2 beds next to me - 4 per bed - talking really loudly. I saw a member of spa staff approaching and hoped he would be advising that it was a quiet area. Sadly not. He encouraged them - very loudly - to join the tyrolean sauna experience which he was about to start. Five of the girls attended. Peace perhaps? No. Following the sauna experience which was adjacent to the "quiet area" the man decided to bring the girls out and one by one douse them in iced water shouting each time "one, two three!" Which of course was followed by screeching and laughing x 5. I went back to the cafe which was to be the quietest and most relaxing part of the spa. In there I saw the girls buying copious amounts of alcohol to taking it back into the spa on trays. An amazing spa I've visited since would never sell alcohol in the spa on health and safety grounds.

This was truly the worst spa day I've experienced - and I've had many - and a total waste of money. I gave aquasana my feedback via their online feedback questionnaire within days of returning. I wanted to give them an opportunity to respond. They have not had the courtesy to respond in over a month. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend Aquasana if you are looking for a relaxing spa day.

2  Thank 991helenp
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

I am sorry to learn that your visit to the Aqua Sana at Whinfell Forest did not meet with your expectations. Your disappointment at not receiving a response to the feedback questionnaire you completed has been noted, however, we do advice on the questionnaire that we do not respond to these and should you require a response to your comments, then please contact us direct.

Whilst our staff would not normally intervene where guests are talking and laughing unless they felt the noise levels were excessive, our Spa Hosts would normally respond should any guests raise this as a concern.

We also advise guest not to consume alcohol when using the Aqua Sana facilities. Whilst Vitale does have a limited amount of alcohol for sale, we do find this is consumed in small amounts, usual by guest enjoying a meal who have visited for a special occasion.

Once again, I am sorry that your expectations were not met. I do assure you that had you raised your concerns with my colleagues at the time of your visit, they would have been happy to address these for you.

Reviewed October 18, 2014

My first experience at the Spa, and it is lovely, numerous steam rooms, relaxing areas, sauna, outdoor pool, etc... Would have given a very good/excellent score except my only grumble is that we booked the Twilight Spa and Dine, and when we got there realised that it was cheaper to just book the Twilight Spa and buy a food platter when we got there. It was not a lot of money but it just made us feel abit ripped off!

2  Thank Liisa B
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Please be assured that my colleagues are looking into your comments and I thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Certainly, we do not wish for you to feel ‘ripped off’ and I would ask that you contact the Guest Services team via the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website in order that we may resolve any ongoing concerns you may have.

Reviewed October 18, 2014

I'm sorry. I've been to this spa area many many times and have always enjoyed it. It's a lovely experience but I just can't get past the recent price increase. My friend and I paid £64 for a twilight spa earlier in the year but this time, the price was hiked up to £90. Now for £90, I'm expected a room and breakfast thrown in. The Daffodil at Grasmere has a lovely spa, and for the same price, I can get a room.
So I'm sorry Center Parcs, but that's your lot! You're good. But you're not that good!
The changeroom lay-out is odd. There is no privacy for changing. You can see everyone's bums and bits, and some are hard to miss. The showers are away from the entrance to the spa area and there seems to be no requirement for people to shower before entering the spa. I watched a man sitting at the foot spa. He was unshowered and I wasn't prepared to sit on those tiles afterwards - sweaty bum and all that. To be fair, there are hoses in the steam rooms to wash down the seats.
The water bed covering smelled of dust.

3  Thank Julie R
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Servcies Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2014

I am sorry that you were disappointed in the cost of your recent visit to the Aqua Sana. As I am sure you will appreciate, we do review our prices regularly based on demand. I can assure you that the increase in prices is kept to a minimum and can only assume that your earlier visit was in the week when prices are different to those at the weekend, when demand is much higher.

With 15 different experiences to enjoy, we do feel that our Aqua Sana continues to offer our guests value for money.

I do hope that you will reconsider your decision and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

King regards

Guest Services Exeuctive

Reviewed October 13, 2014

my self and my two daughters spent the day at at Aqua sana and it was fabulous its a beautifull place every member of staff was so lovely an helpful especially security who gave us a lift to the spa as we had to be dropped off at the security office.an Ryan in the spa café was amaizing he just coudnt do enough to please us thank you all so much for helping us get through the first anniversary of my husband. looseing his battle with cancer. we will definatly be returning.

Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable day at the Aqua Sana. Your kind comments regarding the helpfulness of my colleagues are very much appreciated.

I do hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2014

This was my 5th visit to Aqua Sana & it had had a makeover since my last visit about 18 months ago. The changing rooms were much nicer as was the seating around the spa. It was very quiet when we got there & it was lovely to relax & use the pool & steam rooms without having to share them with lots of people. The staff were very nice & helpful when we needed them to be. We had a nice lunch as part of our spa day in the cafe. It was busier in the afternoon but not as busy as other times I have been there. It was a lovely day & would love to go back if I can get a good deal as otherwise it can work out a bit expensive.