“4&20; fantastic again!”

Ranked #2 of 163 Restaurants in Penrith
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

What can I say about this outstanding restaurant that hasn't already been said?

We were greeted by a very pleasant waiter who was attentive throughout our visit. Decor is chic and atmosphere warm and relaxed; the restaurant was half full for a Thursday evening so vibrant with chit chat.

As a very indecisive person, I welcomed the seasonal, limited menu. A good indication that ingredients are freshly cooked and the choices were exciting.

After our complimentary olives and fresh bread, I had the smoked salmon, quail egg and avocado salad to start, pork for main and passion fruit cheesecake, all washed down with my favourite Brooklyn lager. My partner chose the pork and chicken terrine for her starter, sea bass for main then the selection of cheeses.

We enjoy sharing our dishes and I can safely say that every mouthful and all 6 plates were a real treat. A lot of attention to detail with presentation and flavours were superb!

So for two 3 course meals, a couple of beers, 1 glass of wine and a soft drink I thought £75 for the bill was an absolute steal for this standard of food and service. This fantastic restaurant is an absolute must if you are looking to dine in the area and I will, without a doubt be returning soon.

Congratulations 4&20, please keep up the very good work.

Jamie

1  Thank jricho_07

Reviewed March 18, 2014

So much attention to detail and care in the cooking and presentation of our excellent lunch. Very good value at £16 for 3 courses.
The Twice cooked Stilton soufflé was delicious followed by a very tasty boeuf bourguignon. We just had to try the sticky toffee pudding and the rhubarb creme brûlée, both very good.
The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed watching a very talented chef at work.
Will definitely return!

1  Thank sarge58Cumbria
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We enjoyed a very high quality meal at Four and Twenty with attentive staff and a welcoming atmosphere. While prices are higher than pub grub they reflect the quality and care put into the menu.

2  Thank Ianbutterworth747
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I took my family here to celebrate my sons 21st and what a fantastic evening we had. The food was simply stunning, superbly presented and affordable. The staff were excellent and the newly refurbished premises offered a really pleasant atmosphere and location.
This was, without doubt, the best meal I have eaten since moving to Penrith some 12 years ago and was of a Michelin star standard.

5  Thank clive153
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had a lovely meal here a couple of nights ago. I love restaurants that present you with fresh bread and olives, those little touches really make a big difference. We both had the soufflé to start and my husband had the pork while I opted for the risotto. All very well cooked and tasted great. The waiter was very friendly and the restaurant had a good atmosphere. We will definately be back.

2  Thank Katy T