“The Jewell of the A66”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were on our way to Scotland and took the A66 because of traffic problems further north and stumbled across the Bridge Bistro out of desperation for somewhere to eat because we were starving. Talk about lucky. The food, welcome, and furnishings were nothing short of spectacular. The restaurant is fitted out to the very highest standards with clean lines and welcoming colours. The floors, tables and decor is immaculate. The menu is very imaginative with a modern cosmopolitan influence. The quality of the food is 5 star as is the value. A very filling two course meal for two with two large bottles of sparkling water £46. Amazing value, very friendly staff and a talented chef. 10 out of 10.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I visited The Bridge for a rare child-free night out, and I was not disappointed! The décor was warm and inviting and the staff were welcoming and attentive, without being fussy. The food was delicious, the chicken was cooked to perfection and although I had no room left for pudding, I managed to devour the chocolate brownie and ice-cream! I have worked for many years in hospitality, so I can be quite critical when I'm out in other restaurants, however the attention to detail of service at The Bridge was fantastic and the food superb. I was very impressed indeed and plan to make these nights out a more regular occurrence after finding this Cumbrian gem!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Popped into The Bridge today for a quick lunch before picking up the Grandchildren and as always there was a really warm welcome from everyone. The very tasteful Christmas decorations and Tree were up and it looked really festive and welcoming. Today because our time was limited we had coffee and a sandwich. I had the Vietnamese chicken and my husband the turkey dip both presented on a wooded platter and were absolutely delicious. We'll be back again .. See you all again soon.

1  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I struggle being a new mum and wanting to go out for nice food a massive massive challenge, I struggle with being looked down at by snotty staff that my child has crumbled a small amount of food on the floor, the bridge tho is far from this we are welcomed always with a smile, my 8 month old little girl thinks that the owner and staff are an extension to the family, I can eat in peace not panic, and I can enjoy the gorgeous food (my favourite being the Vietnamese chicken and the steak and the twice baked soufflés list goes on!!!!!) very very very worth a look very family friendly

1  Thank Josephine L
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Around the halfway stop between North Yorkshire and Glasgow, I was delighted with the meal and the service. The tempura haddock goujons with fries, home-made mushy peas and tartare sauce were excellent, both in taste and presentation, and the service was friendly and ultra quick. Highly recommended.

1  Thank JEC18