“Terrific Thai”

Bangkok Bistro
Ranked #37 of 159 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A small, friendly family run authentic Thai restaurant. With over twenty years experience in Thai cuisine. Everything is prepared on the premises and our menu includes a wide range of vegetarian and gluten free items. Fully licensed with 50 covers. Parties catered for with buffet or al la carte. Takeaway service also available.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Terrific Thai”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Visited on during C2C trip, I love Thai food and Bangkok Bistro did not disappoint. I tried a stir fry rather than the usual curry and it was excellent, very spicy but just how I like it. All in all I thought it was good value and I would definitely visit again.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank dangreen84

Penrith, United Kingdom
“Fabulous takeway food, tasty and well cooked”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I regularly visit this place to eat in and always have a great meal. Being veggie there are always lots of veggies choices and the service is always excellent, with Nam being efficient and friendly. I ordered a takeaway meal for 6 over the weekend for friends staying with me. They were very impressed with the food, tasty, well cooked and good sized portions. The food was ready and waiting on my arrival. I will be back.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Michael G
“Excellent meal out”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday night and we're well looked after. The service was great and the food excellent. All the ingredients were really fresh and tasty.

3 Thank TessnZed
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing ”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Oh dear.....Been here a couple of times before and enjoyed it, but as we haven't been for a while I thought I better check It out on Trip Adviser first, but all seemed well. Thought this would be an ideal venue for a nice meal with my sister and husband who were visiting us from down south. I was very wrong! Although, (I would imagine in response to a previous comment on trip adviser), they had installed an extra heater, I certainly didn't need it as I became increasingly hot under the collar. After an hour and 10 minutes of waiting for our first course, I raised the issue with our very apologetic waitress. It still took another 20minutes to arrive. Our main course arrived 30 after that. In the meanwhile takeaway orders were being taken and collected. The first course was poor, some of the contents were as cold as the plates. The main course was better but still nothing to write home about.
We were offered and accepted a round of drinks being knocked off the bill. Little compensation for a ruined evening!
I do hope for their sakes that this is a one off. You won't be surprised to learn however we will not be returning.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“The best Thai EVER”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Was so tasty and delicious. Lovely sized portions and bursting with flavour. Will be back for sure! Been meaning to try this place for ages and so glad we have now. Was well worth the wait :)

2 Thank Tyhjk