“A step back in time!”
Review of Alhambra Cinema

Alhambra Cinema
Ranked #3 of 8 Fun & Games in Penrith
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Penrith, the Alhambra Cinemas provide a first-class cinema experience, screening all the latest cinema releases as well as independent and foreign-language films in comfortable and relaxing surroundings.Now with Dolby Digital projection and Dolby Digital sound.
Conwy Valley
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A step back in time!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We visited this cinema whilst on holiday. The whole experience was marvellous. The foyer has lots of vintage film posters on the walls and it reminded me of cinemas when I was a child. The entrance fee and the cost of drinks and popcorn were very reasonable. The back row of the auditorium had wonderful comfortable seats that were more like armchairs, and there was room to stretch your legs right out. The quality of the projection and sound though was certainly 21st century. A wonderful night out!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ifangoch a
Matt B, Manager at Alhambra Cinema, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your review.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our cinema and it's always really rewarding for us all to receive such positive feedback.

Thanks again.

Matt Bainbridge
Manager

Chippenham, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The best independent cinema I've been to”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here last night to see Captain America 2. The film was good but we were blown away by the cinema. The tickets and confectionery were very reasonably priced, and the popcorn in particular was hugely generous for the price. We didn't finish our large popcorn over the two and a half hour film. It cost £4. The thing that blew us away though was that there were toilets in the screen. So you only had to nip out of the room for a moment if you need the loo. This is a brilliant idea and makes this my top cinema to visit.

Penrith, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Rude lady spoiled it for us! ”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Came with my two young kids, paid £28 to watch a kids film but told the cinema was still being cleaned so we had to wait in reception. My son picked up a leaflet and obviously saw something he liked because he shouted Mam Look! He was so excited to see the film. The lady with short dark hair serving behind the counter whistled, pointed and told him to be quiet. I cant believe that happened, how rude! If children arent welcome here DONT put kids films on. We will use Carlisle cinema from now on, Im sure they dont shush excited young WELL BEHAVED kids.

1 Thank Greatfoodseeker1202
Matt B, Manager at Alhambra Cinema, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hi,

I'm very sorry that this was the case on your visit to our cinema. Hearing that this has occurred is very important to us, as we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere above all else. As a small, independent cinema it is imperative to us that we maintain a family friendly environment. Experiencing customers genuinely excited about the films we show is always very rewarding and is something we continually aim for.

I will definitely be investigating this incident and I hope that in future you will consider visiting us again.

Thank you for your feedback.

Matt Bainbridge
Manager
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great cinema: like how they should be.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Small friendly place, very helpful staff, pop corn , drinks and confectionary very reasonable. Reminded me of the old cinema on Low Fell. Really comfortable seats. Had a great time with the kids. Much better than any of these large multiplexes.

Visited February 2014
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Quaint cinema”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Whilst stopping in penrith area we visited this quaint cinema. We decided this would be a nicer experience than the nearby multiplexes. We were not disappointed. The staff were well dressed, even a bow tie and took you to your seats. There are only two screens but the seat were comfortable and the projection and sound excellent. We will come again when visiting. A real experience with friendly staff.

Visited December 2013