“Excellent food, good service”
Review of Indian Plaza.

Indian Plaza.
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have visited here a few times now and have always enjoyed our meals. We were asked our preferences and were recommended dishes to suit our tastes. A great help as sometimes we tend to pick the same dish time after time as we know we like it. Last night I tried a new dish and will add that to my list of favourites. We had an excellent meal with great service. Good value for money too. Will definately be back.

There are newer reviews for Indian Plaza.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Indian plaza served one of the best Indian meals we have ever had! We visited the indian plaza after reading such good reviews on this site, We were pleased when it lived up to the recommendations and all agreed it was the best Indian food we have had ( Meat dishes & Vegetarian.)
The service was a little slow but all the waiters were all very nice and after all they did have to walk across the enormous restaurant to bring our food and drinks. Very reasonably priced also.

Would defiantly recommend!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Penrith promotes the fact that it offers a variety of restaurant choices, when really this is not the case. Choice in the town itself is limited, but if you like Indian or specifically want a curry, then the Indian Plaza is definitely a must.

The restaurant is cavernous and looks like it might have been converted from what once was a snooker hall, but the quality of the food is just as big.

You may feel a bit lonely on a quiet night in this huge, open, high-ceilinged room, but don't be intimidated by this. The food was excellent - we had chicken tikka bhuna and chicken tikka dhansak, both highly recommended if you want spicy, tasty, but not hot curry. Service was good too, but depends on which waiter you get with one of them a bit diffident and a little too full of being in the restaurant himself, rather than you being there as the customer.

Overall, an unexpected find in this small but pleasant market town, and food that really hit the spot after a long day's walk.

1  Thank merrellj
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We often visit Indian Plaza to tickle the taste buds and you will have to go a long way to find better food, friendly management and staff. Service is very efficient, friendly with a smile and a joke once you get to know them all.
With a large menu to choose from the hardest thing to do is pick what you are going to have, I have just about had all of the chef specials and my personal recommendation is the "Special Thawa" chicken tikka slices serve in chefs special sauce with onions, lemon, ginger, and peppers. A medium flavoured dish which comes on a hotplate, you certainly will not go home hungry if you eat it all up. Cox Bazari is another tasty medium dish and for those who like a little more bit Theen Tara Ka is for you. If its not on the menu the chef will make whatever you want, nothings a problem.

Cannot rate it highly enough, best Indian in Penrith and the best Indian meal I have had at any Indian Restaurant with over 50 visited including quite a few on Manchester's curry mile.

Quality Food and affordable prices with good service and friendly staff, its a winner

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited here for a meal on a Friday night recently - the food was lovely and very good value. I was feeling under the weather (nothing to do with the food!) so didn't eat all of my food. the waiter asked if everything had been ok with my food, when I explained he took the plates away, and returned with my food in takeaway containers for me - exceptional service!