“Chip, Chip Hooray for Angel Lane Chippie”
Review of Angel Lane Chippie

Angel Lane Chippie
Ranked #38 of 170 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: British
Description: Cumbria no 1 award winning fish and chip take away. "Winning in excess of 30 national awards over the last 10 years Young entrepreneur Dan, has moulded angel lane chippie in to a fine place to eat at such a low cost"
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Find yourself in Penrith? Feeling a bit peckish and in the mood for some British comfort food? Stop in at Angel Lane Chippie and savor what is some of the best fish and chips you'll find in Cumbria. The steak pie is also supposed to be excellent, but we were too stuffed to try it. Go ahead, ignore the calories, and treat yourself to the UK's favorite meal.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stopped in Penrith on a Friday evening on our way to Cockermouth. We were lured by the "award winning" fish and chip shop signs but nearly put off by the queue that was already forming at 6pm. I'm glad we stayed put. We bought haddock and chips x 2, to eat outside. The chips were thick, well cooked, hot, just a bit of crunch; the fish was a good size with light, bubbly, crisp batter, obviously just freshly cooked. Best fish and chips I've had in years. (Good job I don't live in Penrith - I'd eat there all the time and would be twice the size I am now !)

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Placed order last night, returned home to find missing 1 portion of chips. Not happy as had to go without. Lack of communication but the food was good

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this chippie twice on our visits to Penrith
The food is ok but have had better in lesser places.
We had our dog with us so we had to wait for an outside table as there are only two .
We ordered food and drinks which we were quite happy with and spent nearly ten pounds.
We asked if they had a toilet facility and the girl directed us upstairs .... The guy I met on the stairs was quite rude when I said I was just looking for the toilet....... ."
"It's only for cafe customers "was his reply .
"But we are eating outside cos we have the dog "I said.
"Only for cafe customers "was his curt reply and he disappeared .
I was fuming at his attitude .
Needless to say we will not be going there again.
The food is overrated and we did not like the discrimination.
We could have had a plate of chips each upstairs and been allowed to wash our hands. ....spend a tenner outside and you get nowt ..except rudeness.
In fact the rubbish bin outside was overflowing too ... They wouldn't have the rubbish off their own tables...we had to look for a council provided bin.
They can whistle for custom from us now.
My party of pensioners for next weekend will go elsewhere .

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Enjoyed the fish and chips which were reasonably priced. We ate in the cafe up the stairs, the floor had the remnants of an earlier diner's meal but to be fair it was late in the day and they were still busy so can forgive them this time! The waitress was pleasant and the service was quick.