“Please get the "kids area cleared of dirty plates" !”
Review of Booths

Booths
Ranked #133 of 159 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: European
carlisle
“Please get the "kids area cleared of dirty plates" !”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Booths supermarkets, great quality food at good prices, excellent customer service.
Unfortunately this can not be said for the restaurant upstairs.
The cafe is a wonderful light , modern, airy space with such great potential to be a fantastic restaurant too. Unfortunately I can agree with other reviews regarding the dirty, uncleaned tables with plates piles high. In paricular the kids area. Such a great idea..seperate room, child friendly computers fixed to the walls, foam type seating with wooden circular tables. The very slow staff, seem to forget to go to that area to clean up and when and if they do, the tables are often then left dirty and the floor too. Personally I would never leave my plates etc in such a mess, obviously some people just don't care. But I think the waiting staff let the restaurant down.
I normally stick to a hot chocolate and maybe a cake when I come, which have always been fine. Recently I did order the brown shrimp on toast and thought it was very overpriced (just under 7 pounds) I think there must have been a dessert spoon of brown shrimp,on my toast, if I was lucky!! Sadly, the toast had cheap tasting margerine on it.
On a previous visits, I have had the sausage and mash, a full English, all very tasty and reasonably priced.
I visit regularly and when the shop first opened, I gave excuses as to why the tables were not being cleaned,maybe due to lack of training but the store has been open a while now and it is totally unexcusable. I do hope the management kick butts!! Don't let the rest of the store down.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bonviolet

“Let down”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Called in on a Sunday afternoon. 1pm hoping to have a roast dinner. My hopes were high as signs up saying carvery lamb and pork. Waited for thr que to get down. Arrived at the till to find out no roast dinner left. What a shame obviously they do not prepare enough to serve a substantial amount of customers.

• Visited June 2013
Whiteley, United Kingdom
“Quick and easy.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A nice cafe with a contemporary menu. Very reasonable prices and good atmosphere. The place was clean and a lovely shop downstairs.

Visited June 2013
CARLISLE
“poor young lad rushed off his feet 2,45pm 14/05/13”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

scone coffee lovely young lad on till rushed off his feet while someone was walking about pretending to be busy . A chef guy popping his head out of kitchen to see if they was any food orders surely one of them could of jumped on till or coffee machine .

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank trixxy76
Worcester
“A Worthwhile Addition”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We regularly stop in Penrith on our way up/down the M6 (it's the first real place within easy reach of the motorway), but found that we were getting tired of our usual haunts. Recently, on our way south, after we had filled up at Morrisons, my wife suggested that we try Booths (on the basis that it was worth trying once - particularly as their shop usually offers a better selection than most - and that there were spaces in their car park). We were delighted with our choice. The cafe is a pleasant space, and although counter service, the staff were all attentive and helpful. My wife had really good fish and chips and I the equally good fishcakes, together with good quality ginger beer and very pleasant coffee. It is definitely an addition to our options on the road north and south.

Visited March 2013