“Ratchers cafe - Good soup, grubby cafe”
Review of Ratchers Tavern Bar - CLOSED

Ratchers Tavern Bar
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We called in here after a mornings walk. It used to be really good, the place looked grubby and rather run down - very 'end of season' and in need of a good scrub. However, the soup was good and the coffee great.

1  Thank penny025

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited Ratchets on Saturday 5th October with two friends on a walking weekend. One of my friends had the 'special' pizza which contrary to an earlier comment, he found it to be excellent. My other friend had the gammon - Again he found it to be delicious. I had the steak pie, which I have to say was probably the best one I have ever had. Absolutely no fat or gristle within, and I left an unusually clean plate for me! The chips were clearly 'home made'. The food was a tad on the expensive side but does it really matter if the quality is so good. The waiters/waitresses were polite and friendly,if maybe a little eager to clear the plates away before we had finished. But better that, than leaving you to sit with them for hours after the meal.
There was an excellent choice of cask ales, including a fine 'porter' (from what I recall)!!!
Great bar for watching live sports with another room to go in if you want a more quiet time.
I would recommend the bar above the main competitors we tried in Glenridding, and will surely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited for lunch on a wet windy day. No atmosphere, food was expensive and poor quality. Service was poor. Go somewhere else.

2  Thank maxmum
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Patterdale and always head to Ratchers to watch the football.

There's always a great atmosphere and mix of people and the simple food is a good standard especially the pizzas. There is a great selection of draught beer and cider and you always get friendly efficient service even when it's busy.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ate here while staying in Patterdale. Food was reasonably expensive but I guess that's just the area. Portions were on the larger side and the food was ok. I had the chicken burger and was reasonably tasty. A companion noted he thought the mash might have been microwave mash which even if it is not it shouldn't taste like it similar to the "frozen chips" debate other reviewers have had. Nothing special but would probably visit again. Service was brisk enough on a busy evening.