“Hospitality at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ash Bank B&B

Ash Bank B&B
Ranked #43 of 62 Penrith B&B and Inns
“Hospitality at its best!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Ash Bank guest house was first class from start to finish. Fantastic location just off the M6. Top quality accommodation and breakfast better than most hotels we've stayed in at! A real hidden gem and home from home - would highly recommend even if its just to recharge your batteries as a stopover on a long journey.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank choralanneka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Brilliant location very close to main routes for ease of finding this little gem, but in a lovely, quiet residential area. Warm welcome from Richard, a man you can just tell is passionate about his work and wants his guests to be totally happy. Immacualtely clean, lovely, homely and comfortable room with a delightful view of the nearby lake district fells. Breakfast, what can I say? Wonderful. Fresh produce, well cooked, served with a smile. I have travelled extensively and stayed in some very up market hotels, but for true warmth, comfort and a very enjoyable stay at a very reasonable price, Ash Bank is amongst the very best of them. I will be back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mel O
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I usually choose to stay at corporate Hotels but having stayed at Ash Bank in Penrith I have changed my mind. Being an ex Hotel Inspector I do look for cleanliness, hospitality and service as a basic and Ash Bank has all of these in abundance. The bedroom was spacious with a lounge where the views were breathtaking. Richard is the perfect host without being too obtrusive. To put it bluntly I just relaxed and enjoyed my stay. Finally Breakfast - excellent. I have already booked my next stay. If you're in or around Cumbria I would look up Ash Bank.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mikecov
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I am a travelling salesman across the UK so i have stopped in many establishments over the years and i can honestly say it is the best i have stopped in! You can tell Richard has great passion for the service, hospitality and atmosphere he creates and takes great pride in this. I arrived there with the nicest welcome i have had with Richard very interested in my day and very sympathetic to my needs which after a long drive was a cup of coffee and a biscuit. He was very keen to point out that he was there for anything i required which if you compare with any of the national chains i visit it was very refreshing with the alternative been a snotty receptionist upset at the fact you have disturbed her from doing her crossword!! Customer service is something that is lacking in day to day experiences nowadays so it was nice to re-visit the past and have somebody genuinely interested in the quality and needs of your stay. My evening meal was sublime and it wasn't surprising that Richard told me he is a former chef and has even been on the T.V. Breakfast was very refreshing and appetising and again Richard made it clear that any needs i had all i had to do was shout. Sitting in the dining room having breakfast with the fantastic views on offer was again totally liberating when you compare your typical experience elsewhere. Now whenever i am on business and even remotely near Ashbank i will be giving Richard my business as this was a fantastic experience. I can highly recommend Ashbank against all other places i stay so keep up the good work Richard as i will be seeing alot of you in the future!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave_W1912
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Ash Bank over a three week period whilst working in Penrith, Richard is one of the most attentive hosts you could ask for.
The room was spotless, comfortable and had its own lounge a distinct advantage if you are staying either for a day or a week.
The views from the dining area of Cumbria are superb only surpassed I think by Richards breakfast which no matter what you are doing sets you up for the whole day.
Overall I could not fault the Ash Bank and highly recommend anyone to stay there should you be in Penrith, I know I will.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 831HarryM
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Me and my partner stayed here last week on our way down to see some friends in the south. We are from Scotland and needed a rest stop about half way to recharge our batteries after the long drive. We got there late afternoon, which was not a problem at all for the host, who was very welcoming and nothing was too much effort. We put our bags in a very spacious room with on-suit facilities and had our own living room too. All very nicely decorated with everything we needed. And the views from here are to die for! Overlooking the lake district, on a clear day you can see for miles! After settling in we decided to have some tea, and may I just say I have never eaten so well! We were so impressed with our stay we have booked to stay here on the way back, just to have an extra days holiday.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BVollans
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2011

What an a Gem of a find ! Richard is a fantastic Host, and very attentive to his guests every needs through out your stay. I often visit the lakes with my work and at the end of a hard day there is nothing more relaxing than the thought of getting back to Ash Bank, having a relaxing shower or bath then sitting down to an excellently cooked and presented meal served by Richard himself.
The rooms are spotless and very comfortable, in fact knowing that ive managed to book in at Ash Bank takes a lot of the stress out of the work at hand. added to this Richard has a terrific local knowledge of the area that i can recomend you take advantage of during your stay.
i cant recommend Ash Bank highly enoughn