“Sunday evening supper”

Ranked #33 of 193 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local award winning Stylish Bar & Brasserie. Open all day for lunch*, drinks, cakes and dinner. We pride ourselves in top quality service and the very best of local produce on our menu. Set in the heart of Penrith across from the Bus station it very well located with good access for all with lots of car parking. visit our website and check out some of our cracking mid week deals.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Passing through Penrith, this place had the best reviews. Slow roasted Pork Belly, perfect, very tender and tasty, not for the faint hearted as the portion size was large but value for money.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (382)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nicely done out place trying to be all things to all people: restaurant, bar, music venue, & guest house.

Unfortunately this means the young team in charge appear to be run by the place rather than them running it.

That said service was friendly & the food was very good. Can recommend the fish & chips or the halloumi wrap.

Would I go back? Probably would actually.

Date of visit: September 2019
penrithoohlala, Manager at Foundry 34, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi
I'm sorry you experience a little chaotic, due to illness and holidays we have been extremely short staffed this past 2 weeks so it has meant newer staff leading front of house more than usual.
Thank you for baring with us.
Best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Astonishing!
From entering this establishment to leaving this has to be one of my most enjoyable restaurant experience in Penrith.

The restaurant is elegant and modern, beautifully outfitted and relaxing.
The ambiance and music allowed myself and my partner to unwind after a stressful day.

The servers very professional, not to formal and had an air of a genuine friend and host. The gentleman server was exceptional.

The food..... Now, concidering it is prodominantly fresh food (no chef Mike to be heard) and prepared lovingly by one chef it was exceptional! I got that I'm full feeling but couldn't stop eating.

Many thanks for the wonderful evening and I wish you all the luck in the near and distant future (not that you'll need it with the recipe you are following at the moment)

Date of visit: September 2019
penrithoohlala, General Manager at Foundry 34, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aww this has made my day. Thank you for your kind words. I will share this with the team who I'm sure will be just as pleased and thankful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here one night and had an evening meal. Presentation of the food was trying to be too posh I felt, for the quality. Sticky toffee pudding was quite dry. On a positive the room was comfortable and clean.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

First time visit and can honestly say I’ve never been more humiliated and insulted. This was our first visit to Penrith visiting family and to this restaurant and It was a last minute booking. On arrival we were shown to our table upstairs, which unbeknown to us had a hen party in the same room. Everything was fine or so we thought, the hen party were extremely loud but we tolerated it and kept ourselves to ourselves ( there were 5 of us including my daughter) but it was very difficult to hear our own conversations. We were having a great night and were choosing our desserts when a Waiter who we hadn’t seen before came and said could we keep our voices down as they had had reports of homophobic comments or else we would have to leave. We had made no comments that reflected any form of homophobia, and find it difficult to believe that any members of the party would hear our conversations as we struggled to hear ourselves over the noise of them. Thus, to say we were gobsmacked at his comment would be an understatement and immediately got up to leave. It was quite obvious the hen party didn’t want us in the same room from the moment we walked in. My husband spoke to the Owner outside, he didn’t take our comments seriously and when my Husband tried to remain civil and shake his hand before we left he was prominently told to F**k off. If this is how they treat their Customers then I seriously think they have a major problem, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, our evening was completely ruined and our weekend away spoilt.

1  Thank jackiem903
penrithoohlala, Manager at Foundry 34, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Thankyou very much for your review.

We are a restaurant and yes there was a party upstairs it was a table of 16 and I’m sure you can understand that the room wasn’t hired privately and until the party arrived we weren’t actually aware it was a hen party.
Your comments regarding the food and service last night where appreciated.

But for you to leave us a 1 star review after you did actually enjoy your night with us is a shame.

Yes we did have numerous complaints and concerns from other customers regarding your tables attitude, homophobic slurs and behaviour.

We have to think of all our customers and ensure we’re doing our best by everyone.
On the first complaint we had it was decided that it was best to just monitor the situation however on the second complaint the waiter acted on this discreetly just asking your group to please keep your voices down and your opinions to yourself or yes you would of been asked to leave.
On this note another waitress asked if your table would like any desserts and she was told to stick it up her a**e.

That’s unacceptable behaviour and no we’re not going to shake your hand when you have caused such a public scene and also left with failure to pay the full amount of your bill. Your lucky your not local as that kind of behaviour would leave you with a ban from all establishments as part of the pub watch sceme and your more lucky that the other table do not want to report your homophobic slurs to the police as a hate crime.

You should be ashamed of yourselves!