“I painted a dinosaur and I am 38”
Review of Crafty Monkeys

Crafty Monkeys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A warm family welcome awaits you at our craft studio where you can have a go no matter what age or ability! No booking necessary during opening hours for all activities apart from the potter's wheels where tuition is included. All other crafts Decopatch, pottery painting and mosaics initial instruction given as required! Prices start at just £6.50. We can fully glaze and fire in our studio or loads of take home on the day options. We have our own toilet and baby change. Hot and cold drink facilities.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is superb, nicely located in Central Penrith, a very welcoming looking building. When you get in there is a warm welcome from the couple running it who seem to have an endless stream of genuine enthusiasm, I guess they must really enjoy what they do.
The activities are very varied taking in all age groups and abilities, everything was clearly explained. We chose deco patch and painting which the kids loved kept them entertained for an hour, however by the end I had glued myself to an owl and as my three year old lad is not big enough to fight me yet I stole his dinosaur and painted it in my choices of colours, he will no doubt get his revenge one day. Thanks guys we all loved it.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Me, the kids and my husband really enjoyed our visit. We managed to stayed a few hours, but there's just so much to do! We did some painting and paper mâché on a unicorn. I really wish we have time to do the pottery. The staffs and facilities were excellent. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We will definitely come back again. ;)

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited while on a 3 day trip up to the lakes. Although this is a bit away from the usual attractions its worth the detour. First thing I would say is ignore the negative reviews. The couple running this were lovely and they dedicate as much time as possible to each family and they are great with the kids too. I think its only fair not to expect to be waited on hand and foot if the workshop is busy, it was fairly busy when we were there but we were regular asked how we were getting on. Our little one had great fun making his pot and then doing a decopatch rhino. He was glued (pardon the pun). Overall it was a great experience and I highly recommend anyone thinking about what to do when up the lakes to visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Discovered by accident, my four year old was attracted by the bright pictures on the windows. We received a very warm welcome. A whole selection of craft activities to suit all ages, abilities and budgets. Very pleasantly surprised by the place and especially pleased by the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Our kids love pottery painting so this was ideal. I would happily return their selection was great and such lovely and friendly staff!

Well done I can see why so many people rate you!