“Friendly and fun”
Review of Crafty Monkeys

Crafty Monkeys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A warm family welcome awaits you at our craft studio where you can have a go no matter what age or ability! No booking necessary during opening hours for all activities apart from the potter's wheels where tuition is included. All other crafts Decopatch, pottery painting and mosaics initial instruction given as required! Prices start at just £6.50. We can fully glaze and fire in our studio or loads of take home on the day options. We have our own toilet and baby change. Hot and cold drink facilities.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A friendly welcome and lots of different craft activities await you here. Pot making is the main attraction but there are lots to choose from.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

we visited crafty monkeys the end of jan 2013, grandparents x 4 & mummy & daddy,with 4yr old son, & 2yr old daughter, we all had a fab time, stuffing a rainbow teddy bear, to throwing clay, having a few wobbley moments with our pots & generally making a lovely mess.our grandson wanted a peppa pig T pot, with Tims help he got one, with a spout handle & a lid brill, we took paints home to finish our bowls when they were dry. all in all we had a fantastic 2 hrs of fun. we will be back.....

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I took my 9yr old niece here as a treat whilst on a break in the Lake District. We both had a go at pottery and with Michelle's help we made some nice little pieces to take home and decorate. My niece said this was the favourite part of her trip and I certainly enjoyed having an excuse to roll my sleaves up and have a go on the pottery wheel!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Superb! Once in a lifetime experience for the kids making their own pots on the porters wheel. Great venue and the staff (and owner) were BRILLIANT with the kids. We've been to tonnes of 'craft' places with the kids but there's truly nothing compares to this place! The kids really liked the owner, he was brilliant with them. And his patience was amazing......I couldn't cope with all the kids & crafty mess but he was great. My kids made a pot each and also picked an item to glue and stick special paper to which turned out FANTASTIC. Considering we only live 30 miles away, I wish we'd have discovered this place sooner!
I can't recommend this place enough!! A++++ FANTASTIC! We'll be telling ALL our friends and family!

Thanks for a great day!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a fantastic place to take you children! We did and they was still talking about the visit and we are 6 months since our visit. The staff we great. Very engaging, knowledgeable and kid focused. The pots, plates, cups etc. that our children made are still going strong. This is not an activity to be rushed, so parents enjoy your coffee and relax....