“Great fun for all ages”
Review of Crafty Monkeys

Crafty Monkeys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A warm family welcome awaits you at our craft studio where you can have a go no matter what age or ability! No booking necessary during opening hours for all activities apart from the potter's wheels where tuition is included. All other crafts Decopatch, pottery painting and mosaics initial instruction given as required! Prices start at just £6.50. We can fully glaze and fire in our studio or loads of take home on the day options. We have our own toilet and baby change. Hot and cold drink facilities.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited today for the first time and will be returning , it was great value , our children aged 4 and 7 enjoyed every minute . The staff were really friendly and helpful and great with the kids . Would highly recommend . Thanks for such a great day out

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I spent the day at crafty monkeys and had a wonderful time. We were welcomed and made to feel comfortable and then given an idea of what the different crafts were on offer.
We were then instructed on how to do pottery and made what we decided was a pen pot (it could of been anything!) we then sat and did decopatch which turned out to be strangely therapeutic. Overall it was a brilliant afternoon with excellent staff. We will go again when we are in Cumbria.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

What an absolutely fantastic idea! Our 7 year old (and me for that matter) had great fun making a bear and painting pottery. Will definitely be back when we're next in the area

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Crafty Monkeys whilst on holiday in Greystoke. Whilst I had done some pottery at school he hadn't done any so we opted for the hour lesson. Tim and Michelle were really helpful and accommodating, and after our lesson left us to play whilst being there with any more guidance when we needed it. We enjoyed it so much we stayed longer than planned, and accordingly they gave us a free parking permit that the council provides them with for their customers. All in all they were incredibly friendly and we left wishing that we were local so we could visit again! If you find yourself in Penrith with a few hours to spare a trip to Crafty Monkeys is a must! Big thanks from Jay and Ilona :-)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited Crafty Monkeys with my boyfriend whilst visiting the Lake District for his birthday. Found them through trip advisor and emailed Tim to get more information. From that point on he was very helpful and friendly, and when we arrived he was great putting my boyfriends mind at ease that the activity wasn't just for kids!

The variety of crafts meant there was something to take everyone's fancy, and tim was around enough to help us out with hints and tips, but not in your face the whole time. A very personable bloke who I enjoyed chatting to whilst we deco patched our items!!

I can't give this place a high enough rating, it was very good fun, and made me feel 6 years old again at the end peeling the glue from my fingers like a second skin. Will definitely visit again next time to try our hands at another activity. :)