“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crafty Monkeys

Crafty Monkeys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A warm family welcome awaits you at our craft studio where you can have a go no matter what age or ability! No booking necessary during opening hours for all activities apart from the potter's wheels where tuition is included. All other crafts Decopatch, pottery painting and mosaics initial instruction given as required! Prices start at just £6.50. We can fully glaze and fire in our studio or loads of take home on the day options. We have our own toilet and baby change. Hot and cold drink facilities.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited craft monkeys completely by chance whilst holidaying in the area on a particularly rainy day. The staff/owners were really helpful and friendly and there was a lovely choice of things to paint. Me and my hubby had as much fun as the kids painting our teapot and cup.

As we were only visiting for a couple days we were also given the option of a postal service (at an additional cost) but this was great as it meant the items could be glazed and kiln dried.

We have just returned home and in a few says time will be eagerly awaiting a delivery.
What could have been a washout of a day turned out to be lots of fun and we would recommend crafty monkeys to anyone - it's a shame it's so far away otherwise we would certainly be back (for a full tea set)!

1 Thank LnRwade

Penrith, United Kingdom
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went to this with some mates from work not knowing what to expect, but it was a brilliant day out on the potters wheel. Tim was great, highly entertaining when he drops stuff! Finished glazed products look ace.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kevin R
Penrith, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A place for all ages :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our first visit to Crafty Monkeys was for a 6th birthday party. I was really impressed with the activities on offer, and vowed to visit again (so that I could paint something!!). My son was desperate to go again to try the things that he hadn't had time to do on our previous visit (he has asked every day of the holidays to go!). The staff are really friendly and welcoming, and are always on hand with words of encouragement. My 4 year old loves it too, they have activities for all ages, abilities and budgets. I would highly recommend Crafty Monkeys. Well done! Keep on doing what you're doing, it's fab.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Gill S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun for toddlers, kids and adults alike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was recommended to visit this attraction by friends! The trip thoroughly lived up to their description. The staff we friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed a hot drink whilst deciding what pottery to create and my toddler enjoyed the toy area! We spent a great leisurely few hours there. We did a fab wall plate with hand and foot prints of my toddler and hug a mugs. My toddler thoroughly enjoyed the experience of wet clay and glaze printing. The staff were really easy going and happy to re-do prints to my satisfaction! Couldn't recommend this attraction more highly!

1 Thank JaayJaay
“Brilliant way to spend time with the kids and very therapeutic for adults too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our kids loved painting their favourite pieces and soooo much to choose from. I painted my own wine glass too ( it makes the wine taste so much better!). We'll be back very soon! Thank you