If you want to stay in a delightful country hotel look no further. The location in stunning, it's quiet but only a mile from the centre of Penrith.
The warm, welcoming fires were matched by the staff who could not have been more helpful. The room in this historic building had modern facilities yet retained the character of the house. So much nicer than the impersonal chain hotels.
Despite arriving late we had a well cooked, well presented and very tasty meal and relaxed toasting our toes as we relaxed for the evening, smug that we have chosen the Roundthorn to stay in.
And when you wake up what a view - this morning the mist was in the valley and the hill tops were sprinkled white.
The breakfast was freshly cooked - no sad looking canteen style servings here - and set us up for the day ahead.
My only regret - not having the time to stay longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, UK - Lake District