We were breaking our journey from London to Scotland, so this hotel is conveniently close to the M6. The exterior is stunning, as are the views across the lovely countryside. Inside, I was a little disappointed by the reception/dining area, as the decor was more pub than hotel. But I did appreciate our bedroom which was spacious, well-appointed, with a good bathroom and great views. Again, I found the dinner menu disappointing - I had expected an interesting table d'hote menu, but it was fairly uninspiring pub grub. However, the breakfast was excellent - lovely choice of fresh fruits etc., then a freshly-cooked full English. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, despite the niggles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, UK - Lake District