We chose this hotel because we had afternoon tea here a few years ago and we loved the open fire and the comfortable atmosphere of the hotel. We had noticed it had a good sized indoor swimming pool. It's just off the M6 motorway at Penrith, so ideal for the traveller.
We were not disappointed, – the staff were very helpful, the log fire was burning and the hotel was very comfortable. The lounge has a high ceiling with wooden beams so you feel as if you were in an alpine lodge. Our room was very comfortable. We enjoyed using the swimming pool and had dinner in the restaurant. Altogether a very pleasant experience. The only comment I would make is that the price of breakfast and dinner is a little expensive but the service with very pleasant and helpful people serving you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, UK - Lake District