This was our 4th stay in the last 3 years and everything was just as good as before. The staff are all friendly and helpful and service was excellent. Unfortunately the day we checked in there was a problem with the boiler and there was no hot water for over 24 hours meaning cold showers and the jacuzzi not working as well as the pool being somewhat colder than usual. We stayed 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast and got the first night free due to the hot water issues - all the more impressive considering we didn't even have to ask, it was done automatically.
Yes, it would have been preferable to have been able to have a warm shower and make full use of the spa facilities but we were 100% satisfied with not being charged for our first night in recognition of this.
About the only downside is that the bedrooms are perhaps a little tired and could do with being refreshed and upgraded. However this has still not put us off booking a one night stop over on the way home from Cornwall next year.
Both dinner and breakfast were brilliant with an extensive selection - the worst bit was only staying 3 nights and wanting to try everything on the menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, UK - Lake District