This is my third time staying at the hotel, and although there are a few small negatives, the positives outweigh them. Yes, the exterior isn't the most becoming, but you only see it when you pull into the car park! Yes, I think the bathrooms could do with updating, and yes there's better settings around the area than there.
However, the hotel is great for families - nice little touches like the cookie with your child's name, a drink and the trekkers den, along with a nice pool (complete with good changing areas). The restaurant was really good, and if taken as a DBB option, represents excellent value as there's no menu restrictions. The service of the staff was impeccable, despite there being 2 weddings on the 2 nights we stayed. The hotel bar is also reasonable - as far as hotel bars go!
I also thought the rooms were reasonably priced compared to similar hotels in the Lakes. Although the location's not the best in terms of views etc, it was really convenient for travelling around the Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, UK - Lake District