All reviews sunday carvery bed and breakfast basis the pub town centre nice size evening meal portion sizes family room fab hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Stayed here last night as part of a group, the room I stayed in was a family room which was very spacious, clean and lovely decor. We then decided to have a meal here, the food itself was fantastic and lovely service from the girls in the restaurant, after our meal some of us headed through to the bar for a drink, the service in the bar area was the only thing that seemed to let the place down, I felt like we had been stood a good few minutes whilst the two ladies behind the bar were having a chat to each other and didn't seem to see us stood waiting, I found it very unprofessional that they were drinking themselves.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We booked in penrith as it was half way to our destination. Station booked and paid for room only. Arrived to a lovely welcome and given key. Room was ok with comfy double and single. Bathroom a little tight but great shower and complimentary shower gel smelled of Calvin Kliens Escape..Lovely. Room a little tired and dated but met all our needs. Our room was on main road which wasn't an issue, did hear the bin men collecting bottles at 5am but was able to get back to sleep ok. The pub downstairs is a lively place, locals and staff very friendly. The carvery smelled lovely as we arrived and looked busy. Bums on seats aren't usually wrong. All in all a lovely experience of Penrith and the Cumbrian welcome.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Booked a single night stay via Booking.com on the basis that it was supposed to be ‘pet friendly’, whilst traveling to Penrith, they sent me an email advising me that they weren’t ‘pet friendly’ giving me a couple or so hours to contact them and cancel.... Now I’m not one who constantly checks emails when I’m driving and had they actually rang, my wife would have answered the call. When they eventually rang at around 4pm, they confirmed that they’d already taken my money and refused to refund it.
To cap it all, I later discovered that they had re-let the room....!

tcourtney, General Manager at Station Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

As explained at the time and corroborated by an email we both received from booking.com, the fault with this booking was entirely of your own making. I replied to your message within 5 minutes of you writing it, to inform you that we are not pet friendly ( as is clearly stated on our policy page on booking.com). Even though it was a same day booking and therefore immediately chargeable, I generously offered you a 3 &1/2 hour window to cancel it free of charge. ( hardly the action of a thief!). Once this window passed our system will then automatically pre authorise your card for the amount agreed. When you eventually got in contact you persisted to shout and berate a young girl down the phone as if were entirely her fault. You were advised over and over again that we DO NOT advertise as being pet friendly and that it was indeed you that had made the mistake. You eventually arrived on our doorstep having already told us that you would not be staying and demanding that we refund you. By this time we had already reported your appalling behaviour to booking.com and had cancelled your booking ( as you had told us to). Believe me when i say, that had you acted in a more civil manner the outcome of this would have been entirely different, but there is no way either myself or any of my team come to work to be shouted at and threatened.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Excellent customer service. Staff were really friendly and made us all feel welcome. Sunday carvery was excellent. Just what we needed on a cold wet day. The deserts were stunning to with a big thumbs up from the kids.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This place is just so friendly, I didn’t want to go home! Had a fab carvery (£7.95) for main course. Both the chicken and beef were lovely, the veg choice was great and Yorkshire’s just right. Chocolate fudge cake delicious. The main thing though was the super friendly service. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2018