+ Very friendly greeting from the staff in a traditional bar/restaurant with rooms that was very busy when we arrived.
+ Ate in the bar since the restaurant area was busy at a table near the pool table.
- Smelt a bit of stale smoke, which is surprising given the length of time the smoking ban has been in place. A pool player was puffing away on an electric cigarette so don't know if that was a factor.
+ Very reasonably priced menu with good options to choose from.
+ The food was delicious with excellent portion sizes for the hungry!
+ Single room at a good price was a decent size (room 14) with lots of storage if you were on a long stay. Furniture is old but that is in keeping with the property. Shower room is small but the shower is good.
- Bed needs to be replaced it is well indented and not comfortable when sleeping on your side.
- Lots of visible traffic on carpets throughout so a thorough carpet clean may be in order. Stairs, bar, corridor.
+ Room on 2nd floor to rear was quiet even when the bar was lively.
+ Breakfast is freshly cooked and was very nice. Relaxed start to the morning.
+ I would stay here again due to service, food and proximity to M6.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Station Hotel Bar & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Station Hotel Bar & Restaurant Penrith, UK - Lake District