is it shoppingcentre?, an art gallery?, a meeting room?, a cinema?. well its all of these but doing... read more
is it shoppingcentre?, an art gallery?, a meeting room?, a cinema?. well its all of these but doing... read more
With constantly changing produce, gifts, art, walking clothing and cookware... just to make a... read more
This is a rather random place to visit. It's nice enough, it's got some very unique shops there, which is lovely to walk around. However, although the photo exhibition that was on (which by the way, we found by pure fluke and was excellent) there really isn't that much to do here. The cinema that they have there doesn't have your blockbuster films on, although to be fair, it doesn't advertise that it does either. But it does seem to show some pretty random films on. It's a little like National Geographic channel, but on a huge scale. Which, I suppose, if you like that sort of thing, you'll be very interested in it. (I personally am, however, my partner not so!) We had a light lunch there in the cafe inside by the waterfall. The surroundings is lovely and you can tell they really are trying with this. However, I feel that it misses that little bit of excitement, that it does promote. Would I go again? Perhaps...if I'm near Penrith.MoreShow less
Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback on your recent visit to Rheged.
The Rheged team
is it shoppingcentre?, an art gallery?, a meeting room?, a cinema?. well its all of these but doing so many things means it doesn't seem to do anything well. worth missing
Arrived after travelling one hour to get to this place. Outdoor play shut due to maintenance and 'weather conditions' according to a member of staff. The sun was out, no wind and 10 degrees Celsius in November, quite a nice day. Went to the indoor area to be told that my 10 year old was 0.5cm too big for the play area. Advised we had travelled one hour to get there but did not care one bit. Cinema also not showing the Grinch for another 2 weeks even though it is out now. Poor experience and inexperienced/rude staff. Won't be going again. Also please advise on your website if certain areas are closed. It would prevent disappointment for children and families.
What a fantastic venue, cleverly designed into the hillside. Clean facilities, shops, eating area. Food on conference was freshly produced (although slightly over cooked).
Staff were accommodating and found out same company run local M6 services, which were visited the previous day. Highly recommend.
Thought it was a great idea for the Centre to come up with a DINE & VIEW package.
Unfortunately my experience though on Wednesday 24th October to see FUNNY GIRL was pretty much of a disaster from start to finish for the following reasons.
1) The new menu. Five different members of staff in the restaurant area were asked to explain the four main course items and non of them could, very embarrassing for them and showed that there was a real lack of staff training. What ever happened to dummy runs for new menus so that all staff could talk about them with confidence.
2) The room used to accommodate customers taking up the dine & view package was soulless and again appeared to be run my a member of staff who again could not explain the menu items. It was also up a flight of stairs which made the drinks in the interval part of the package almost impossible to finish the pre ordered drinks. Why not have chairs and tables in the lower foyer of the cinema behind a cordoned off rope area. This would have accommodated the numbers of diners on that particular night.
3) Waiting time in the restaurant for attention was laughable as all the efforts seemed to be concentrated on getting the room/salon set aside for the dine & view package set up, thus customers were enforced to enjoy lengthy waits for their meals which when they did arrive were not always brought out at the same time. (have to admit that when we did get it the fish and chicken meals were very tasty)
4) Had to ask for a spoon to be able to eat the Scotch Broth which was the base of the chicken dish, luckily I had a teaspoon and did suggest to the staff member who brought my meal that he gave spoons out as well as a knife and fork. (imagine eating soup with a knife & fork! Not sure if he did do that afterwards or not though).
5) One large long table had been used for a group of customers including several children. On their departure the tables were again split into twos & fours, however the mess that the children had made on the floor was side stepped and just left for any unaware customer to tread into the carpet. One member of staff was seen actually looking at it and side stepping around it but still did nothing to clear it up.
1) The screen and quality of viewing was fantastic.
2) Very steep gradient to your seat which was casually pointed out by a member of staff who never actually even looked at your ticket.
3) The practise of interval drinks should be looked at as when the customers came back into the cinema after the break they were allowed to bring in Glasses (glass not plastic) and hot drinks, some of the latter were not covered.
4) With the steepness of the stairs and what appeared to be new upholstery without drinks containers at each seat this is just an accident waiting to happen along with the threat that the upholstery would very soon become spoilt by spillages. It was also pretty dangerous for customers who had chosen not to go out for prearranged drinks when the other customers returned with said hot and cold drinks.
FINAL THOUGHTS.... GREAT IDEA COMBINING A DINE & VIEW PACKAGE. LACK OF TRAINING AND ORGANISATION NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED AND IMPROVED.
EVEN IF THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS HAD BEEN DONE THE SHAMBOLIC ORGANISATION AND LACK OF STAFF KNOWLEDGE REALLY WAS NOT WHAT ONE WOULD EXPECT FROM WHAT REALLY IS A VERY, VERY GOOD CENTRE. HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY WILL LISTEN TO AND ACT ON THE POINTS RAISED, ESPECIALLY THE LACK OF STAFF KNOWLEDGE AND THE DANGERS OF GLASS CONTAINERS AND HOT DRINKS BEING TAKEN BACK INTO THE CINEMA.
THE RHEGED CENTRE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PLEASURE FOR ME TO VISIT ON MY STAYS IN PENRITH, HOWEVER THE CINEMA AND EVENING RESTAURANT ON THAT OCCASION WAS NOT !!
was on a day trip which called here for coffee, pleased we did. had coffee and bacon butties, they were well cooked and served quickly by a great waitress, definately worth the money. Have been before and always lovely.
Thank you for your lovely review. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and that you are a returning visitor. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Best Wishes. The Rheged Team
We visited the Rheged centre on 14-10-18 on holiday from North Wales having seen it on the internet and had come to the conclusion that it would be a good place to visit with our boys aged 7 & 3. We had read that there were two cafe's at the centre and had planned on eating out there as a treat, and it was this experience that has spurred me into writing this review, I can't stress enough how bad the service was in the bigger ground floor cafe/restaurant, it was 3pm by the time we had decided to go and grab a late lunch, as you might imagine it was very quiet in there at this time, we first waited at the bar/till waiting for at least 5/10 minutes for just one of the four staff all gathered behind the bar chatting to acknowledge us, eventually a female staff member finally approached us in quite a short rude fashion to tell us that we should be seated and that a member of staff would come over to take our order, we did this, found a table close to the bar in plain sight of this member of staff, as soon as we had sat down an elderly couple approached the very same staff member at the bar and she took their order there and then no problem! she then continued to chat behind the bar occasionally looking directly at us, finally after approximately 10 mins she made eye contact once again, came out from behind the bar and made a bee line directly for us only to walk past three or four times over a period of 5-10mins clearing the table next to ours, again continuing to completely ignore us! The final straw came when she had finished clearing the table she strolled back to behind the bar and resumed her chat with her co-worker whilst once again looking directly at us! It was at this point I marched over and asked her to call the manager over and I lodged my complaint, he was nice enough, was very apologetic but by this time we had just had enough and decided to abandon our plans of eating there! I have seen other similar reviews on here and I really think that the Rheged Centre management should take note of such comments as it did really tarnish an otherwise pleasant enough experience at the centre!
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we are sorry for the experience you had with us in our café. We are saddened and disappointed to read your comments. We can offer no excuse for the poor service you received, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have addressed these issues with the café team who were in on that day and will work together to make improvements and avoid this from happening again. We do hope you might return to Rheged in the future. Kind Regards. The Rheged Team
With constantly changing produce, gifts, art, walking clothing and cookware... just to make a few... Rheged is the place in the North Lakes to visit.
Plenty of free parking and a place for children to play outside ... enjoy a coffee and cakes or a bigger lunch... excellent quality and service.
Not the cheapest place as some items are up market but if you’re looking for that quality gift you’ll find something here.
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We are thrilled to hear how much you have enjoyed your visits to the centre. We have some lovely Christmas gifts arriving in the centre at the moment! We look forward to sharing your comments with the team and hope to welcome you back again soon. Best Wishes. The Rheged Team
Called in on our way to visit grandparents and the kids (aged 11 and 8) spent a few hours painting pottery. They loved it and we chilled with coffee and sausage rolls! Great value.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. We hope in the future you might have the opportunity to attend one of our family events, we have some great activities and theatre shows coming up over the festive period. Best wishes. The Rheged Team
Our friends were staying overnight at the Travel lodge so we suggested meeting them at Rheged before they continued their journey. Very friendly and helpful staff especially Kurt. Nothing was too much trouble. Nice filling English breakfast. Would definitely do this again.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your breakfast and we look forward to sharing your comments with Kurt and the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best wishes. The Rheged Team
found the stf rude or ingnorant if going hve some that tourist orientaed have staf like job some exhibtion there but what wasye sace shouldback being field
Thank you for your comments. Please could you contact email@example.com so we can gather some more information regarding your experiences. We look forward to hearing from you. Best Wishes. The Rheged Team