“very good again”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ate here on xmas eve with family,9 of us.As always we all enjoyed our meal.We tend to have the same thing all the time which may seem boring but the pizza is the best we have had anywhere.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were recommended to try this restaurant by a local business man & golfer - apparently "they do the best steaks ever!" We chose garlic pizza to share followed by one of the specials: Penne with ham, mushrooms & onions in a white wine & cream sauce. The garlic pizza was the lightest dough we've ever tasted (I was beginning to wish I'd ordered pizza as a main). The Penne was delicious beautifully cooked to order, very tasty & not swimming in cream - in fact the best we've tasted! The restaurant was clean, frequented by locals & visitors & there was Italian music playing in the background. Whilst the external & internal decor & ambiance weren't that appealing (it is a bit of a 'rabbit warren' inside with lots of corridors, rooms & conservatory which are quite dated & don't have the modern day restaurant pazazz) don't let that put you off. The food is excellent, the table service friendly & attentive & the overall meal excellent value for money.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Some of the staff were friendly and helpful others just didn't want to know.

Lovely cosy interior though and the food was good, portions slightly on the smaller side. Dessert was beautiful, definatly recomend the tiramasu

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had a group of 19 people booked into this restaurant, and I was extremely impressed with how well they handled our very large group. Service was speedy and friendly. Food was perfectly enjoyable. I won't call it authentic ( 4 trips to Italy tell me this), or the best italian I have ever had, but it was fine. My dish, penne with vegetables was nothing amazing, but good. I didn't hear any complaints from the 18 others. We pre-ordered from the menu, so that helped with the whole process. It was a Friday night too. Wine was enjoyable too! Small pizza was a lovely size, large was HUGE, at least 18 inches across! The steak with mushroom sauce looked delicious!! Place was overall fine! We had a really nice time, and we all fit at one table- awesome!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a vegetarian couple we wholeheartedly agree with the contributor who wrote the review entitled 'Menu Madness'. The menu descriptions were totally confusing which undermined our confidence in what we were about to order.
Our starters turned out to be fine, and my main course (pizza) was OK too - quite tasty in fact. However my partner found her tagliatelle to be far too salty and did not particularly enjoy it.
On the plus side, the young waiting staff were very pleasant and welcoming, and were working hard in a very busy restaurant environment. Prices were reasonable but it was really irritating to have to ask for the bill THREE times before it eventually arrived.